• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta TA-whos seen it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This TA sucks! ALPA has let me down for the last time. Time to sign up for DPA. Sign up boys and girls. ALPA has dropped the ball again.
Alpa:" we hear you loud and clear", "industry leading contract". This TA is a joke.

Hey Jack@$$ (do I have your attention :)

Don't put words in my mouth, answer my damn question. I asked why ALPA would collect dues across a profession with such pay disparity. YOU are the one that takes up ALPA's/management's premise that regionals and majors have to fight each other to get pay raises at the expense of the other, as if they were not in the same F'ing profession.

Chew on that! :lol:

This response has absolutly nothing to do with what I said. Who is putting words in who's mouth. Try again and try not to get your panties so twisted so you can think clearly.

You still haven't answered the question. :lol:

Because last I checked this is still the USA where you get what ever you negotiate. If one pilot group settles for crap wages while another does not why would ALPA step in, both groups settled. Quarterback for one NFL team may make millions more than the quarterback on another. It's just the way it is.

I am not sure what you want ALPA to do, not sign a high wage contract? Please tell me what you think they should do.

Because last I checked this is still the USA where you get what ever you negotiate. If one pilot group settles for crap wages while another does not why would ALPA step in, both groups settled. Quarterback for one NFL team may make millions more than the quarterback on another. It's just the way it is.

I am not sure what you want ALPA to do, not sign a high wage contract? Please tell me what you think they should do.

NFL quarter backs? Really? Their results of negotiations are driven by their disparate skill levels on the field, while pilots are not.

The analogy was pointless... Unless of course you meant to point out that "Its every pilot group for themselves." In that sense you are exactly right. ALPA has left every group to themselves, with competing self interests.... Which was essentially my question. Why does ALPA do that? Saying "That's the way it is." seems like a cop out. Why bother having ALPA... Jet Blue.

Not sure why so many pilots seem to point the finger at pilot groups for poor rates they negotiated, but then give credit to ALPA for signing a high wage contract.

What I think ALPA should do? Hey it's a free country, and since I don't pay them anything then I think they should raise their membership dues to 10%!

Last edited:
NFL quarter backs? Really? Their results of negotiations are driven by their disparate skill levels on the field, while pilots are not.

The analogy was pointless... Unless of course you meant to point out that "Its every pilot group for themselves." In that sense you are exactly right. ALPA has left every group to themselves, with competing self interests.... Which was essentially my question. Why does ALPA do that? Saying "That's the way it is." seems like a cop out. Why bother having ALPA... Jet Blue.

Not sure why so many pilots seem to point the finger at pilot groups for poor rates they negotiated, but then give credit to ALPA for signing a high wage contract.

What I think ALPA should do? Hey it's a free country, and since I don't pay them anything then I think they should raise their membership dues to 10%!

You are correct, poor analogy.

The rest of your post is oh so wrong. ALPA groups negotiate their own contracts. We at United voted on, and approved our contract..WE did it not ALPA. We are represented by ALPA but we are responsible for our contract. It's called taking responsibility for your own crap.

You obviously have no answer for what you think ALPA should do. Raise dues 10% is just your childish way of lashing out. The Delta pilots will do what's best for them. Congrats to them for their new wages/contract if they find it acceptable. If your wages don't match up do something to raise your wages not fling mud because somebody else got more.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back