Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CALnTX said:
Hey GL

Do you think mangement is really posturing and inflating the truth finacially just to attract a buyer or is the sh*t really about to hit the fan? Seems like they have made some rather grave statements recently.

Cal:
all part of negotiations...Mgmt knows this, so does the union.

800Dog said:
In my early 30s and my degree is anything but obsolete. Father is a CFP and I am well aware of what I will need for retirement. I will not retire at age 60 if I start a new career. More like 65. As for the decline in the dollar, I am heavy into gold and precious metals. Thanks for your concern.

Like I said you seem to have done everything right. 2 million will do you fine if you don't mind touching principal. Take the degree out for a spin tell me how it works. You get 15 days off a month... take five and then call me a liar. If you start a new career and work until 65 then you prove my point. No one at Delta wants to be forced to work to 65... many may choose to but no one wants to have to work until 65. Gold has been having a nice run though. Average millionaire in the US makes $90000.... You guys even after the paycut are clearing that aren't you. Think you could replace your current income and work as little as you do... Even if you only have 10 days off this job is not what I would call grinding it out.
Just my thoughts on why if I were a Delta pilot it would be hard to strike. I don't even have kids and am in my mid 20's... but I have enough friends to know the difference between a good and a bad job.

Latest resources

Back