• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Stock

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here, I have an idea. Why don't you give me half of you $5,000, keep the other half, I'll kick you in the balls and you'll still be ahead by $2,500.

Here's a quick rule of thumb about the market, if a stock is trading for a buck, that means that the market has decided that bankruptcy is inevitable. It should drop to zero (it will when the stock gets cancelled) but it will keep trading around a buck until the stock is actually cancelled, look at UAL stock.

Don't be an idiot.

The best way to become a millionaire is to start with a billion dollars and invest in the airlines especially DELTA.

Then again they could pull it off. Tough one but it is a dollar for a reason.

i'm going to laugh when this bankruptcy law everyone talks about goes into effect and delta does not file ch.11. I know you are sure of yourself now, but they are not going to file bkruptcy because of some silly law. It's about solvency and continuing operations while paying their creditors. ch.11 is a pain and very expensive and Delta has more tricks in their back pocket up ahead before ch.11 is a problem.

On CNBC last night, Michelle Maynard (sp?) the aviation business reporter for The New York Times said that Delta would most likely go Chapter 11 within three weeks. She also said Northwest is not far behind, although could still maybe avoid a bankruptcy filing. She spoke highly of LUV and JBLU.

Good luck...as Warren Buffet would say avoid speculation. DAL is speculation.

Delta has leveraged EVERY asset it has to a tune of 20 BILLION in debt in a gamble of oil going down and pricing power going up. This statement is as per AW&ST magazine. Delta has no chioce but to recover some of the debt though labor, outsourcing and possibly a merger. IF you really want to look into Delta's future, look at Usair, it is now the new legacy overhaul model. My advice, take your 5000 and put it in construction and home building stocks as well as the suppliers..Bye Bye..

yes, merger makes perfect sense here. why do you think they are cutting service in Cincinnati? they are trying to increase the percent of local CVG people flying by reducing capacity and shifting it elsewhere. but could it also be the start of a whipsaw between airports to see which one keeps a hub after a merger with nw or co? do you really need a hub in cle and cvg or DTW and CVG? merger or not, they will post whatever loss they feel like, but the important numbers for the short term are operating profit and cash flow from operations. These same analysts and experts that are saying Delta has a few weeks thought Delta was a gonner 1.5 years ago. just my .02

Latest resources

Back