• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta/Skywest cuts in SLC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So what I'm reading hear is that XJet is dragging the regional industry down, underbidding everybody just to find work for their planes?

Yep. They make more flying a 50-seat jet than SkyWest guys do flying a 90-seat jet. Better retirement, work rules, scope, and I could go on and on. XJT pilots have never bitten the carrot to get airplanes like SkyWest pilots have. If they can underbid everyone and still have the best paid pilots in the regional industry, good for them. If any regional has never drug the industry down it would be Comair first and XJT second. Nothing that pilot group has done has ever hurt other pilots in the regional industry as far as compensation and QOL goes.

Truckdriver,

Never say never, I didn't go to Xjet (then continental express) or Comair due to PFT.

To say that PFT never hurt the regional industry is not very smart or you do not know the history of your company. I also enjoyed $ 6-9 dollar per hour more than ANY Xjet pilot until just a few years ago. They used to be bottom feeders. On that note however, I am impressed of the massive gains by that pilot group in last couple of years.

Yep. They make more flying a 50-seat jet than SkyWest guys do flying a 90-seat jet. Better retirement, work rules, scope, and I could go on and on. XJT pilots have never bitten the carrot to get airplanes like SkyWest pilots have. If they can underbid everyone and still have the best paid pilots in the regional industry, good for them. If any regional has never drug the industry down it would be Comair first and XJT second. Nothing that pilot group has done has ever hurt other pilots in the regional industry as far as compensation and QOL goes.

The problem with that line of thinking is that if all of xjt's contracts went pro-rate xjt would not be able to keep all these wonderful benefits that you have described. If regionals start having to make pro-rate deals to compete with each other QOL and pay for everyone at the regionals will deteriorate.

Y If any regional has never drug the industry down it would be Comair first and XJT second.

Better check your facts again. They took concessions twice while ASA was in negotiations. The third time was forced by BK so I can't really blame them on that one.

The closing has nothing to do with what a regional makes! It has to do with the entity who pays the regional! SLC is dead hub walking!

Dear Lord baby Jesus, lyin' there in your ghost manger, just lookin' at your Baby Einstein developmental videos, learnin' 'bout shapes and colors. I would like to thank you for bringin' me and my mama together, and also that my kids no longer sound like retarded gang-bangers.

Better check your facts again. They took concessions twice while ASA was in negotiations. The third time was forced by BK so I can't really blame them on that one.

The pay freeze and then BK, what was the third one?

Dear Lord baby Jesus, lyin' there in your ghost manger, just lookin' at your Baby Einstein developmental videos, learnin' 'bout shapes and colors. I would like to thank you for bringin' me and my mama together, and also that my kids no longer sound like retarded gang-bangers.

Maybe, while on duty, you should stick to dispatching your aircraft, before you have to file an ASAP for posting on Flightinfo.com. Are you bored at work?

Posting on FI.....sleeping in midlfight....meh, take your pick.

Latest resources

Back