• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Shoves ASA Aside

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
exactly. You know, when some of your closest friends are pilots though, it starts to get a little personal. Not that I have any control over it, but it still is a little bit personal. And it's the pilot bashing that keeps us from being unified. I mean, don't even get me started on Mesa/Freedom/GoJet who are deliberately destroying our industry. But when CMR bashes ASA and vice versa, and Mesaba bashes Pinnacle and vice versa, it gets us nowhere. Basically I'm just putting it out there that I don't like the idea of taking ASA's flying. And I'm rooting for you kids in Atlanta.

I know its frustrating for me too. If we could collectively support one another as ALPA pilots and not pit one another against each other we would go places. I think the concern for me, if we even get to this point, is how do we support the pilots who will pay the ultimate price with their jobs because if we ALL hold the line some one is going to strike and a carrier or 2 WILL go under. How do we support those guys without stepping on another pilots toes for an opportunity to move up? I don't know the answer to that question.

ENORMOUS LEVERAGE!

You have no leverage right now! Delta is getting as many DCI carriers in the hub so no single carrier can effect operations that much!

Exactly why I said we have the leverage "NOW!" You're telling me that a strike by the ASA pilots today, or in other words, "NOW," wouldn't end Delta? C'mon!

Unlike the ASA MEC, Delta learned something from the Comair strike. They've been talking for years about burning the place down, but have done nothing about it. By the time they decide to do something, it will be a non event. The schedules and the routes will be so integrated that you will not be able to effectively define struck work.

Unlike the ASA MEC, Delta learned something from the Comair strike. They've been talking for years about burning the place down, but have done nothing about it. By the time they decide to do something, it will be a non event. The schedules and the routes will be so integrated that you will not be able to effectively define struck work.

By the time "we" decide to do something?? We've already asked for a release. Not much we can do.

I predict that ASA will operate less than 50% of the flights in ATL at this time next year. This move to "nationalize" ATL operations is just the first move in breaking our monopoly on ATL.

We will see XJT, Comair, Freedom, Shuttle America, Skywest, ASA, and Pinnacle in ATL.

We need Chuck Norris...and one of those chemtrail RFPs!

I predict that ASA will operate less than 50% of the flights in ATL at this time next year. This move to "nationalize" ATL operations is just the first move in breaking our monopoly on ATL.

We will see XJT, Comair, Freedom, Shuttle America, Skywest, ASA, and Pinnacle in ATL.
I thought I remembered that ASA had an 80% guar of flying out of ATL. I know it was something that assured them X% of flying out of there...anyone clarify? I noticed it was brought up elsewhere...but I'm not sure I saw the answer in a previous post.

Thanks!

Last edited:

This is not very well written as it is hard to figure who all the "Theys" are and who is doing what. Can you restate the first sentence? I don't have a 737 rating, but I have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express, a time or two.

I thought I remembered that ASA had an 80% guar of flying out of ATL. I know it was something that assured them X% of flying out of there...anyone clarify? I noticed it was brought up elsewhere...but I'm not sure I saw the answer in a previous post.

Thanks!
Delta Connection Agreements with Delta for both SkyWest Airlines and ASA. We also obtained control of 26 gates in the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport located in Atlanta, from which we currently provide service to Delta. Delta has committed to provide to us opportunities to utilize 28 additional regional jets in our fleet by the end of 2007. Delta has also agreed that, starting in 2008, ASA is guaranteed to maintain its percentage of total Delta Connection flights that it has in 2007, so long as its bid for additional regional flying is competitive with other regional carriers.
(SkyWest Annual Report)
Still looking for the 80% figure in a company release. Will have to pick up the search later -got to go work. You can look through SkyWest's annual reports and FAQ's to find it and let us know....

DCI Agreement

As we are seeing, once again, a contract between two parties and the language in it, is worthless if the two parties are willing to revisit/renegotiate the language at a later date.

especially if it helps to bust a union.

Medeco

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back