• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta short call rsv question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yu are supposed to be able to sign in within two hours of the phone call. If you take 9 minutes, that is your time...

(Unless you aer NY based; you have to be two hours from any NYC airport. I cannot make a Newark sign in on two hours from my house during rush hour; I can make JFK or LGA in one hour.

Pretty sure that's the story, but haven't been on reserve since 2001.

The bus switched over to Delta scheduling a couple of months ago. I've been called several times with less than 2 hrs. to report. If you don't say anything to them, they just assume you'll be there for an on-time departure. Expect shorter calls than you're used to when your on the hook for one, that's been my experience so far.

I've been dead heading a bunch. When you have them on the phone, make sure they book a seat for you, and get a RL #, otherwise you will have to call them back when the gate agent tells you you're not listed. So far, they are 0 for 6. Also, get the direct number for scheduling so you don't have to enter your 45 number password with an * in front of each letter. I had a gate agent tell me they were closing the door when I was trying to contact the scheduler for a seat.

The schedulers are nice. I've had them tell me if my short call time didn't work for me, they could adjust it a little to make it work (they offered, I didn't ask). Some of the schedulers are from the North side. I've talked to schedulers more in the last 3 months than I did all of last year because on the North side, they would put something on your line and the computer would call you.

I've already had an inverse assignment and a green slip trip. Don't answer the phone on a day off unless you want to fly. I answered because I had a green slip request in, but the trip was inversely assigned to me because it went a day longer than my request (I think that's why because the pay is the same). Hope that helps.

Yu are supposed to be able to sign in within two hours of the phone call. If you take 9 minutes, that is your time...

(Unless you aer NY based; you have to be two hours from any NYC airport. I cannot make a Newark sign in on two hours from my house during rush hour; I can make JFK or LGA in one hour.

Pretty sure that's the story, but haven't been on reserve since 2001.

There is no 2 hour callout. Short call is defined as "must be able to promptly report for an awarded/assigned rotation".

Thanks for the input guys/gals. I talked to some union guys on the scheduling side and they looked into it already.

They advised me that the "promptly available" language is preferred over a hard time limit for response.

I was completely exonerated in the whole deal and told I did every thing correctly and should "keep up the good work"

Likely this scheduler was in a crunch and took it out on me. They are being counseled.

The bus switched over to Delta scheduling a couple of months ago. I've been called several times with less than 2 hrs. to report. If you don't say anything to them, they just assume you'll be there for an on-time departure. Expect shorter calls than you're used to when your on the hook for one, that's been my experience so far.

I've been dead heading a bunch. When you have them on the phone, make sure they book a seat for you, and get a RL #, otherwise you will have to call them back when the gate agent tells you you're not listed. So far, they are 0 for 6. Also, get the direct number for scheduling so you don't have to enter your 45 number password with an * in front of each letter. I had a gate agent tell me they were closing the door when I was trying to contact the scheduler for a seat.

The schedulers are nice. I've had them tell me if my short call time didn't work for me, they could adjust it a little to make it work (they offered, I didn't ask). Some of the schedulers are from the North side. I've talked to schedulers more in the last 3 months than I did all of last year because on the North side, they would put something on your line and the computer would call you.

I've already had an inverse assignment and a green slip trip. Don't answer the phone on a day off unless you want to fly. I answered because I had a green slip request in, but the trip was inversely assigned to me because it went a day longer than my request (I think that's why because the pay is the same). Hope that helps.

Thanks for the tip... Ran into the same issue this morning on the DH to minne.

.....it went a day longer than my request (I think that's why because the pay is the same). Hope that helps.....

Pay is the same (double) however, green slips get filled first and you have to have have enough credit for the month (check your time card for the "green slip trigger" on your equipment. Inverse assignemtns get filled after no green slip takers but you do not need to reach the trigger.

If you had a green slip in for a specific day that didn't include all days on the assignment, that would make sense why you got the IA.

When I am looking to work green slips, I just put a blanket in for the month, i.e., 1-31 January. Double pay is double pay and I always exceed the green slip triigger.

Can you explain the trigger? I bid reserve, so I haven't been concerned with it, but for a regular pilot that takes a green slip at the beginning of the month, before the trigger is reached, how does that work?

Also, green slips are pay no credit for reserve, and inverse assignments are pay and credit, but like you said, green slips get filled first. Thanks for the tip on the blanket green slip. I live in base and want to maximize the W-2.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back