• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta shocks wall street...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Naw I still have the one I made for myself.
Never trust an airline company OR airline union.
You guys (DL) are toast . History shows NO airline goes in BK once!
UAL is about 2 years out again unless they find a date. What makes this so sad is you guys were in an altered reality way past the alarm bells...
This premature ejection from the BK process will bite ya in the ass and less then 2 yrs from now its back in again. Plan accordingly.

You don't think we have our own personal pensions too? Ok then.......

And we are toast? Huh? Thanks Ray Neidl..... We have trimmed our own debt down from $20 billion to $11 billion. Of course good ole Parker wants to add up even more to a combined debt. Riiiiight. United left BK with $18 billion in debt, which should have been worked down a bit. We have done a great job, and our guys expected guys like Parker to make a bid. Our guys know what is at stake, and they know the unsecured creditors too better than Parker. Thanks for the warnings.... what a goofball.

Bye Bye--General Lee

show some professionalism and respect for the people who paved the way before you.

Delta really paved the way for Pan Am. Thank you very much!

It's a riot, isn't it? This industries employees only undertand the here and now, and could give a rat's arz about the health of the company. You think if reason had raised it's ugly head 10 years ago that DL would be in this position today. They'll all climb back on the floating log like a bunch of insects that think they are going to save themselves while they head for Niagara Falls.

Someday, somewhere an airline will emerge where their employees understand the long term consequences of instant gratification.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:pimp:​

Long term? How long has your airline been around? How long has Delta been around? Instant gratification? Delta has always been the conservative airline, behind times in making changes! I think you need to read up on your airline history there pal!

I agree. If the above were so, then all the Delta employees (and other airlines/industries as well) would have intact and fully funded pensions instead of the current scraps which will no doubt end up being funded by Mr. and Mrs. Taxpayer when the inevitable PBGC BANKRUPTCY occurs. Ironic, isn't it. The obligation buck just keeps getting passed (like our national debt) until someone is finally forced to pay it. That SOMEONE is always the lowly taxpayer because he is most vulnerable and least represented by the power brokers. I feel sorry for the poor and middle class of this country that are continually being squeezed. The bankruptcy laws really need to be further overhauled (I recognize the recent change.)

BBB

Lets get real! Ever since this downturn started, including Delta's BK, those lowly taxpayers have not had one nickle taken from them due to this situation! A matter of fact their taxes have gone down, down, down! So don't pretend that this BK is going to cost you one nickle! I will agree that the lowly tax payer is eventually going to get raped, the reason they will is thanks to these stupid tax policies of George W. Idiot ! "Let's spend more money than anytime in world history, and lets give the taxpayers lower taxes and $1000 checks!" Our defecit is unbelievable! My kids, and your kids are going to be paying then, not for a Delta BK!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back