• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

9rj9

Delta's November Loss Narrows to $49M
Friday December 29, 8:27 am ET
By Harry R. Weber, AP Business Writer Delta Posts $49M Loss in November, Down From $181M Loss for November 2005

Are you clowns ever going to make any money ?

Spin it general, oh and can we get a replay of the the overlap flap you spin daily. Feel the love.

Last edited:
Outside reorganization expenses the loss was $12mill.... while I wish it was a profit, it is certainly progress. I am sure there are other companies just squeaking by for the winter also, although they don't report monthly earnings.

We will make money next year.

Delta's November Loss Narrows to $49M
Friday December 29, 8:27 am ET
By Harry R. Weber, AP Business Writer Delta Posts $49M Loss in November, Down From $181M Loss for November 2005

Are you clowns ever going to make any money ?

Spin it general, oh and can we get a replay of the the overlap flap you spin daily. Feel the love.

clowns? most of the Delta guys have set a very high bar during their time at the airline. you owe them all an apology for labelling them as you have. show some professionalism and respect for the people who paved the way before you.

whatever

delta's awesome mamgement team was the real reference, but if you want an apology just hold you breath. Funny how they rally the employees to keep the current management in power. Me thinks USair is the way to go.

Actually pretty good

Setting aside reorganization costs, they lost $12M with a $52M operating profit. The $52M included a loss of $31M on their fuel hedges. Certainly better than I thought they would do, but even DP stood by Grinstein's prediction of $500M profit in 2007.

:pimp:​

delta's awesome mamgement team was the real reference, but if you want an apology just hold you breath. Funny how they rally the employees to keep the current management in power. Me thinks USair is the way to go.

Who do you work for?

Whatever.

Great comeback. Apparently a hallmark of your highly intelligent, scintillating posts.

-- Delta reduced its operating expenses by 8.1% on a capacity
reduction of 6.5%, resulting in a 1.7% reduction in consolidated
unit costs (CASM) in November 2006 compared to November 2005.
Mainline non-fuel CASM was 7.33 cents for the month, a 2.7%
improvement year over year.

You and Parker are the only ones who think USAir is the way to go. According to Oberstar, the Chairman of the Transportation committee, he doesn't know anyone in Congress who is in favor of this takeover. And, he said he would lean on the DOJ if needed. Regardless, the creditor committee will eventually vote in our favor. Sorry. About the loss, yeah it happened, and it was better than last year's. It says it all in the news story.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Delta or any other airline is a for profit business. The numbers all need to be on the plus side. The attitude of $41m, $12m, etc. as a loss being acceptable is not acceptable, GAAP or non-GAAP accounting included. A profit is what matters and is the only item that is going to save a for profit business.

The attitude that CEOs deserve their pay because they lost less than the competition but still lost money is absurd. We as pilots are not underachievers hoping the grading curve gets us through the next critical situation. So why do we accept that from our management team?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back