Delta shenanigans

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is bad. Very bad.

Delta is in effect doing its own connection flying now. It is funding the operation and setting the price it will pay for it.

This is bad. Very bad.

Delta is in effect doing its own connection flying now. It is funding the operation and setting the price it will pay for it.

I guess if people quit or don't apply, they will know when they have found the sweet spot. This is an exaggerated example of what happens when you have no scope (which regionals as contractors by default have no control over).

Hope mainline sees that scope is everything, otherwise you have nothing.

The best payrates don't mean squat if the jobs just evaporate..

LUV

“Pinnacle has also said its $74.3 million loan from Delta would help it repay a $44.3 million debt to the larger airline.” How does borrowing money from a creditor “help” to repay a loan to that same creditor?

Simple! If I owe you $10 bucks, just give me $20 bucks and I'll pay your $10 bucks right then and there! What? You've never done that before? ;)

Any chance of Delta reinstating the flow through for Pinnacle pilots to help get the Pinnacle pilot group to quickly bite on a bankruptcy contract (not saying everything on the 1113 term sheet) but probably the 5% plus other work rules and benefits??

Better yet any chance if it's reinstated it only include the former Mesaba pilots, grandfather in the old deal :)))

Just trying to stir the pot a little bit.

I remember, post 911 when Delta was in serious trouble, us doing everything we could to help Delta cut expenses. Project APU, single engine taxi, flying in fuel savings mode, etc. Then as soon as they get profitable again they begin screwing us.

F#%* 'em!

I believe that some day, some how, all this will come back to bite Delta on the ass.

Karma.

Rumor has it (on the Major's board) that there could be a 717 payrate in the TA. I don't know if that is true, but the 717 could replace a lot more of the RJ flying than the MD90. I believe there are 88 Airtran 717s, and 25 or more out there in the desert (mostly ex Mexicana Click and before that Midwest). There are also rumors out there stating Delta wants some more 76 seaters in exchange for a large pulldown of those 50 seaters. It wouldn't be one for one, but a chunk of 76 seaters for a larger chunk of 50 seaters going away. We shall see.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You say that like it's a good thing. We don't need to allow ANY 76 seaters to get rid of something where the price of fuel will take care of for us.

Its all about the contracts.. Now Delta owns the contract for Pinnacle... It will become the next Comair. SAD, very sad.

Its all about the contracts.. Now Delta owns the contract for Pinnacle... It will become the next Comair. SAD, very sad.

Welcome to the suck! Being wholly owned is awesome!!!! New rumor I heard was us ie OH being merged with 9E since Delta basically owns 9E. That was from a 9E pilot!

Latest resources

Back