• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta shenanigans

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
when has delta not been running the show? they dictate schedule, contracts, aircraft, scope, marketing, tickets.

Pinnacle was a publicly traded company with an independent board of (incompetent) directors ... After 9E exits CH11, Delta will be the majority shareholder and will control every aspect of the company (including who sits on the board, hires a CEO, enters new contracts), not just the schedules.

“Pinnacle has also said its $74.3 million loan from Delta would help it repay a $44.3 million debt to the larger airline.” How does borrowing money from a creditor “help” to repay a loan to that same creditor?

That's exactly what our banking system does with the Federal Reserve. Except its fake money, so they can print it out of thin air but the concept is the same.

Well, I guess the only good news is that liquidation is off the table (for now). But this DIP financing sounds shady... So going forward, we have to rely SOLELY on Daddy Delta, it's financing, and low-ball way of doing business for our salvation. As someone said earlier, good that we have a paycheck and health insurance (as opposed to a liquidation), but jeez- how much worse can conditions get for Pinnacolaba going forward?

I think there's a much bigger picture going on here (for better or worse) that's been orchestrated and thought out for a long time. Who knows what's really going on behind the scenes..

Delta is cutthroat with their regionals. Funny thing is 5 years ago it was the opposite, they let regionals paint their airplanes the way they wanted, they could have 100% of the feed in one hub and ect. Now it's like a nike factory in china. It wouldn't surprise me if they tried to merge pncl with comair and try to sell it off again.

Delta is cutthroat with their regionals. Funny thing is 5 years ago it was the opposite, they let regionals paint their airplanes the way they wanted, they could have 100% of the feed in one hub and ect. Now it's like a nike factory in china. It wouldn't surprise me if they tried to merge pncl with comair and try to sell it off again.

That is the NWA in Delta , they always want the regionals under contract to them for fly for only NWA.

I believe this is Delta's way of solving two problems, one, keeping Pinnacle running until more MD-90s get on property to replace 50 seat flying and secondly, the loan might be the pre-paid contract termination fee for however many 50 seaters $74 million in fees gets rid of.

Rumor has it (on the Major's board) that there could be a 717 payrate in the TA. I don't know if that is true, but the 717 could replace a lot more of the RJ flying than the MD90. I believe there are 88 Airtran 717s, and 25 or more out there in the desert (mostly ex Mexicana Click and before that Midwest). There are also rumors out there stating Delta wants some more 76 seaters in exchange for a large pulldown of those 50 seaters. It wouldn't be one for one, but a chunk of 76 seaters for a larger chunk of 50 seaters going away. We shall see.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Delta has already got the CEO they want in there-The same one NWA put in charge of Mesaba during the last bankruptcy.

The 717 is the DC-9-30 size airframe. Don't you have that in the contract now, or just the larger -50 series?

Ultra

That is true, the DC9s that are left are the -50 series.(maybe 17 left?) I was told recently that they may stay in the fleet now until 2014, and rumor has it that not one but two sims now are being shipped from Natco in MSP to ATL.

If a new contract comes out and the 717s are a part of the fleet plan (???) , and they know at that time they are getting some of those planes, I would think there could be a payrate for it in there. We'll just have to see if that all pans out. Lots of rumors out there that haven't been verified yet.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back