Delta sellsout and takes 290 million cut

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyBoeingJets said:
But FedEx has a policy of not interviewing active major pilots (DAL, AA, NWA, UAL, USAir). Apparently, according to Jack Lewis, they had their chance to interview at FedEx before 2001 and chose not too.

If that doesn't say, "Small Schlong" I don't know what does.

Seriously, that's pretty lame . . . it's a different world today, and to judge everyone by decisions they made on where to apply 6 years ago seems petty and foolish.

The Delta guys I flew with were great. Two of them were retired 767ER skippers, and I'll bet that if I hadn't asked where they came from, they wouldn't have even mentioned it. True professionals, and we're happy to have 'em on board.

Last edited:
FlyBoeingJets said:
SWA has seen active Delta pilots start class the last 18 months. I wonder about UPS and CAL.

I know a dude at Delta that has seen the reserve thing in the -200. He went from 757 FO in 2001 to MD 88 FO then -200 FO. He was a couple dozen off the bottom at the last furlough. But since then he has moved into the -800 with all the recalls. Lots of movement the last couple of years that I'm thinking will soon stop since retirements will be next to nil for 5 years. If I was on reserve now on the -200 I would be searching for another job.

FedEx has a policy of not interviewing active major pilots (DAL, AA, NWA, UAL, USAir). Apparently, according to Jack Lewis, they had their chance to interview at FedEx before 2001 and chose not too. He's like an Elephant and never forgets.

Other than that, I agree with you Ty. I think its a good move over to Airtran. Good on Airtran for interviewing Delta folks.

Not exactly correct but it is the type of statement that usually leads to at least 20 moronic follow-on posts.:rolleyes:

Wait for the details. When NWA came up with their TA, we heard all the "NWALPA caved on scope" and "NWALPA caved on work rules" etc. . . . Most of which didn't turn out to be completely true. I'm sure this TA is just as complicated and involved as the NWA one was.

DALPA's MEC will release the details and let the Delta boys and girls decide. It doesn't help anybody to play the "My friend's married to a Comair flight attendant's sister and she heard from her mom's cousin who heard from a Delta gate agent that they gave away this and that and this . . . . "

A TA is only a TA. Nobody's voted on $hit yet. Wait for the details.

Mergers? What airline wants a Bigger and Stronger Pilot labor group? I doubt NWA and DAL will merge. It is cheaper for the companies to outsource labor. Besides if you see your labor/work being outsourced, you are more likely to give concessions to keep your livelyhood. The best thing that could have happened is a DAL strike. It would make management and the stockholders take notice.

Ty Webb said:
If that doesn't say, "Small Schlong" I don't know what does.

Seriously, that's pretty lame . . . it's a different world today, and to judge everyone by decisions they made on where to apply 6 years ago seems petty and foolish.

The Delta guys I flew with were great. Two of them were retired 767ER skippers, and I'll bet that if I hadn't asked where they came from, they wouldn't have even mentioned it. True professionals, and we're happy to have 'em on board.

Not to inflate your ego, but that was one of the more refreshing statements I have heard on these boards in a LONG time. Whatever happened to supporting your peers? You would never think we supported each other by the vitriolic/back-stabbing/bitter dialogue we frequently find on these boards.

FDJ2 said:
Don't get too hung up on the $$$. The value of the TA can be easily manipulated. For example, the company stated that there demand was worth $325M, ALPA's analysis of the same demand was north of $600M. The $290M figure is probably just for public consumption.

I agree. I always thought the public number would be very close to what the company was asking. Costs the union nothing to allow the company to save face by putting out that number.

FlyBoeingJets said:
FedEx has a policy of not interviewing active major pilots (DAL, AA, NWA, UAL, USAir). Apparently, according to Jack Lewis, they had their chance to interview at FedEx before 2001 and chose not too.

if every pilot at a major had actually been offered an interview with FedEx, that would be true.

As far as mergers go. CAL, NWA, and DAL. UAL will merge with AA. Two big majors in 5-10 years. Gonna be ugly though!!!!!

Cheers

IMHO, it's too late for concessions. DAL boys and girls have already taken it in the rear before and still lose BILLIONS. DAL management should make an agreement that if DAL shows no improvement from this day on, THEY GET NOTHING. Mgmt will continue to rape the airline as long as they can line their pockets.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back