• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta scheduling interviews?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is what I got when I submitted my app. Same as others? Looks a bit dated with the 2008 reference.

Thank you for your interest in a pilot position with Delta Air Lines. It is an exciting time at Delta and we currently have optimistic hiring projections for 2008 and beyond. By completing our online application process, you have taken the first step towards becoming one of the world's most respected aviation professionals--a Delta pilot.

Please review our basic pilot qualifications for employment eligibility. If you meet these requirements, your application will be processed for hiring consideration. Please carefully review your application for accuracy and completeness, as applications with missing or incomplete information will not be considered. We encourage you to update your application data every 30 days and to pay close attention to all of the time-sensitive entries to ensure your application remains current and accurate.

Due to the sheer volume of applications received, we cannot confirm the status of individual applications. If you are selected, you will be contacted and given information about scheduling an interview which is the next step in our employment process.

We are very enthusiastic about Delta's future and proud of its standing among the world's most respected airlines. We're pleased that you have expressed an interest in joining our team of professionals and we look forward to reviewing your application. Our people are our greatest asset and nothing assures our future success more than hiring the most well qualified people that are available.

Sincerely,

Delta Pilot Selection Team

I received one back in 07 when I applied. They are just telling you to make sure it is correct! They will go every box in the app when you are in your panel interview, and make corrections if needed. I think it is normal to make a few changes, but not a bunch. This is how the panel interview starts off. You can usually have a good idea how the interview will go during this process.

Are these 300-ish new hires going to be spread out over the year or within a certain timeframe?

I'm hearing the new guys will be going to the md88 in NYC and MSP.

Also, just got back from recurrent and my instructor seems to think a lot of the Delta new hires (70% or so), will be coming from flow-ups at Compass.

Anyone heard anything?

I'm hearing the new guys will be going to the md88 in NYC and MSP.

Also, just got back from recurrent and my instructor seems to think a lot of the Delta new hires (70% or so), will be coming from flow-ups at Compass.

Anyone heard anything?

Depends on how many furlough bypass guys come back. It could be that the only people who see class in 2010 will be furlough bypassers and flow-up guys from Compass and Mesaba.

Depends on how many furlough bypass guys come back. It could be that the only people who see class in 2010 will be furlough bypassers and flow-up guys from Compass and Mesaba.

Lets let events unfold and see what actually transpires.

Does anyone remember the method of contacting for interviews? Phone, mail, email? I deploy soon, don't get back until the end of Sept and would hate to miss a call.

This is a very interesting thread and I think the replies are right in line with my personal experience with Delta. I encourage anyone who meets the minimum time who is interested in flying for Delta to apply.. Make sure on the Air Apps that you have dotted your I's and crossed your T's. Don’t sweat whether or not you know someone or don't know someone, PIC or No PIC, New Hire bases, etc. Just take one step at a time.
If you get lucky and get the interview, for God's sake PREPARE for the interview. Read the interview books, read the FAR/AIM, etc. I did interview prep with Judy Tarver and I think it really helped. She did not give me any gouge or answers to my questions. She simply helps you tell the stories you already have about your experience to the best of your abilities. It was the best $300 I've ever spent.
As far as my previous comment about females who got hired without any PIC time. That wasn't a dig at them. In fact, they are both great sticks. I was just saying that was the only 2 people I KNEW who were hired in that scenario. I have also known one guy who's dad was a Delta Captain and got the interview but DIDN'T get the job.
ACLPILOT65 is right. Delta hires who they want and the other stuff just determines how quickly you get the interview.
Good Luck to everyone who applies!

Does anyone remember the method of contacting for interviews? Phone, mail, email? I deploy soon, don't get back until the end of Sept and would hate to miss a call.

You will get an email for an invitation to interview. There will be a phone number to call and you can schedule your interview. I gave myself at least a week to cram as much knowledge and gouge as I could. Good Luck!!

Lets let events unfold and see what actually transpires.

I agree with ACL.

Put your stuff in, keep it current, and wait and see what happens.

"With chaos comes opportunity". Everyone here at DAL is still trying to figure out where they want to go for the long term.

That's going to let the junior people get bids for some fairly attractive positions in the short term. A320 in DTW, DC-9 in MEM, and 7ER in MSP (maybe even SEA).

But keep yer powder dry. The guys out on leave have yet to even receive their notices yet. Once that happens, things will gel up pretty quickly.

Nu

Latest resources

Back