Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta RFP off the table, or just being kept quiet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RFP = Request For Proposal

701EV

BID said:
You think Delta is trying to distance itself? Especially in BK? It's all about the bucks.

What's really sick is that Delta controls all monies associated with Comair. They act like they've nothing to do with Comair, but the reality is that Comair IS Delta. I sincerely hope that Delta gets hit with huge suits over this. Comair is just a pawn in their game and the employees are the ones who suffer.

ReportCanoa said:
What's really sick is that Delta controls all monies associated with Comair. They act like they've nothing to do with Comair, but the reality is that Comair IS Delta. I sincerely hope that Delta gets hit with huge suits over this. Comair is just a pawn in their game and the employees are the ones who suffer.

Exactly, Comair will be named in a suit, but Delta holds all the assests, comair is only a organization within the organization, pretty much a shell. Comair doesn't own anything, Delta does. Comair is just a name on an operating certificate.

They have been robbing from peter to pay paul for years now.

I think ComAir is Fu$%ed! sorry to say.

Come on over to ASA, we'll give you free delta pass priviliges for you and your immediate family

It's hard to believe the state of Comair today as compared to just a few years ago. Delta's piss poor management should be hung. Going back to Ron Allen but especially Leo Mullin. I don't know how these guys can sleep at night knowing they've created all of the hardships for past and present employees while they've stuffed their pockets full. And yes the way they whipsaw all of the pilot groups against each other is a distraction. We as pilots have no respect for management and there little games and we don't believe a thing they say whether it is true or not. They show us no respect by failure to negotiate in good faith on a reasonable contract and by constantly violating the one we have. It is not a pleasant feeling wondering if the company you presently work for is going to exist for much longer. It sucks having to explain to my wife why we can't purchase any "big ticket" items right now because we don't have a contract yet. Yet, we the pilots are the ones on the front line when the s%#t hits the fan and our last conversations are printed in the paper and played on TV and everything we did for the last few days is analyized and presented for the public to scrutinize. I wish somebody would hold the way these guys play with our jobs and their pathetic management skills up for public scrutiny and hold them accountable for they way they disrupt our lives. It must be awesome to be the head of a company that is last place in every category and still get stock options worth 3/4 of a million dollars. Yet you ask your frontline that holds the place together to take paycuts. Unbelievable!

Thoughts and prayers for the Comair family and the family and friends for all who were lost.

wmuflyguy said:
I agree, I think it is being overlooked how stressful it has been at Comair the past couple months with the bankruptcy and the impendings rfp. To me it seems morale is at a seemingly all-time low around here.

It would be something if the pilots were talking about the bankruptcy or the rfp on the recorder at some point.

i think the rfp will be possibly be delayed for a month or so.

Agreed. I wonder how many people know that at least two Comair pilots have committed suicide in the last few years.

Maybe it's time for Delta's strongarm tactics to end. I hope the lawyers factor the job stress in and teach Delta a lesson.

Last edited:
I think very few people realize the suicide thing. I know of at least 2 Capts that have done it in 2 years. Such a great company, such bad tidings.......makes me sick.

Suicides have nothing to do with Comair as a company. That rationale would indicate Mesa, ASA, Great Lakes, SKYW, CHQ, etc... would not exist do to the massive death toll. Comair still is one of the best regionals to work for.

Latest resources

Back