• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta RFP awarded....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All that needs to be known is that the Skywest pilot group does nothing good for the industry. Except put viable pilot groups out of work.. ACA, Air Wiskey, ASA, and Comair.
WOW, another person that is "in touch" with reality! Hmmmm, aren't they all alpa?

You are contradicting yourself. ALPA is the pilot in the mirror and the pilot sitting next to you. ALPA is not some nebulous organization up in Herndon that pilots should just expect to solve the world's problems. ALPA is me and you and every other member pilot.

I agree that ALPA should be you and me, but it really isn't. Without going into a whole ALPA diatride, we all know there are many competing intersts within ALPA.

I don't think it's a cotradiction to say that diffuse and competing interest make for easy prey. Regional pilots are easy prey. Again, this is why I left the industry.

You know how it should work? Just like every other figgin union in the country. For example, my wife is a heavy equipment operating engineer. When her union goes on strike, other local chapters will NEVER and NEVER HAVE taken on the jobs of the union on strike.

Also other chapters never cross into anothers territory because they can do the work cheaper.

I ask again as I did in another thread, why is it that pilots that belong to the same union think it is OK to screw fellow union members that happen to work for a different company out of a job?

My answer to the Skywest guy that asks what he should do is, support your fellow pilot collegues by NOT flying CMR routes! Pilots should act and show support in the same way that every other friggin union does!

My answer to the Skywest guy that asks what he should do is, support your fellow pilot collegues by NOT flying CMR routes! Pilots should act and show support in the same way that every other friggin union does!

SkyWest pilots honored the Comair strike and did not fly comair routes during the strike.

Thank you. But what about after a strike. Flying that once belonged to one carrier and is now awarded to another because they can do it cheaper. You shouldn't touch that flying either.

I would like to see what the SkyWest guys would say if someone came in and undercut them?

They say we should not talk crap about them because "they believe in their mgmt" and "their mgmt will take care of them if they fly every jet in the world for a single rate"

They need to pop that bubble that is Skywest and return to the real world.

In the industry there for sure is no love for a skywest puke.

I would like to see what the SkyWest guys would say if someone came in and undercut them?
probably the same thing many of our folks say about them or Chattaqua or Freedom...or the same thing some Comair folks are saying about ASA right now.

Thank you. But what about after a strike. Flying that once belonged to one carrier and is now awarded to another because they can do it cheaper. You shouldn't touch that flying either.

We have to abide by the law. Unfortunately, the law does not allow us to refuse flying unless it is struck work. Once a strike is over or a company being struck has liquidated, then that flying is no longer struck work, and no one has the legal ability to refuse it.

Latest resources

Back