Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta reports $6.4 BILLION loss for 1st qtr.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Captain Dad, I am sick of your gloating....... Bye Bye--General Lee

Yeah, gloating is stomach turning isn't it? If it is one thing I, (along with you apparently) can't stand is constant gloating. I mean it sure gets old, the gloating. Even just a little gloating sure goes a loooong way towards making people feel ill.

So it is agreed upon: Gloating=sickening.

Hey 737 Pylt....or GL, even if you believe your own BS, do you realize that your $.69 a share loss was significantly larger than the $.51/share loss that was expected.

I guess anything worth doing is worth doing right. I hope your losses continue to go well.

Maybe next time you guys reorganize in Ch 11 you'll emerge as a non-profit. It looks like that's the plan you're going with now anyway.

Just lurking here but the BIG questions REMAINS.......when the stock goes back up $16/share do you get to report a $6 Billion gain.

I honestly don't know. I should have been an accountant because apprently a rainy day can be sunny!

JMONEY is on ignore because I don't want to read anything from a guy from Valdosta who loves Flint layovers at ASA.

Bye Bye--General Lee

It appears that the General has gone with the "stick my fingers in my ears and say LA LA LA real loud" technique to deal with Delta's $6.4 BILLION loss. Nice plan.

When you get your furlough notice, just pretend it's a pratical joke.

Huh?

JMONEY is on ignore because I don't want to read anything from a guy from Valdosta who loves Flint layovers at ASA.

Bye Bye--General Lee

How the hell did you notice I was posting about you?
-Damn, you really are not that smart, are you, there big guy?

It appears that the General has gone with the "stick my fingers in my ears and say LA LA LA real loud" technique to deal with Delta's $6.4 BILLION loss. Nice plan.

When you get your furlough notice, just pretend it's a pratical joke.

Yeah,

I'll bet that will just be a "Paper" furlough notice, much like your fabled "just a paper loss."

Captain Dad, I am sick of your gloating. Re-read the article. The actual loss was $274 million, not BILLION. The rest was a one time charge that was a paper loss only. It is like saying your house you bought for $500,000 is now worth $300,000, and you are taking a right off. After the merger we will have over $7 BILLION in cash. Thanks for caring, and go back to NJA and enjoy yourself. Really.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Delta reports $6.4B loss in first quarter
Wednesday April 23, 7:35 am ET
Delta says it lost $6.4 billion in first quarter on hefty fuel costs, market value decline ATLANTA (AP) -- Delta Air Lines, the nation's third-largest carrier, says its loss widened in the first quarter to a whopping $6.39 billion due to soaring fuel prices and the steep decline in the company's market value.The results badly missed Wall Street expectations, despite a 12 percent increase in sales.
The Atlanta-based company said Wednesday the loss is equivalent to $16.15 a share. That compares with a loss of $130 million that Delta reported in the year-ago January-March quarter, when it was still in bankruptcy.
Excluding special items, primarily a $6.1 billion non-cash charge relating to the decline in Delta's market value due to sustained record fuel prices, the airline lost $274 million, or 69 cents a share, in the first quarter.
Analysts expected a loss of 49 cents a share, excluding one-time items.

Who's gloating? I am not a big fan of NWA, that is true, but it has nothing to do with the pilots. I don't wish anyone to get furloughed or go into even harder times. I was just shocked that they are claiming billions in losses to justify their little merger stiff arm maneuver.

I really feel for you guys and wish you the best. If it is any consolation. It sucks and I am sorry.

No, they announced earlier that they would park between 15-20 total planes, and we still will be getting 6 737-700s this year, along with 6 777LRs within 3 months (Dec 31st, 2008 and March 31st, 2009). Those planes that could be parked(mostly MD88s and a few 757s) are up for lease renewal anyway. They may still come back to us at a lower lease rate.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Let the spin begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just want to thank the regular posters here for making my bud go down really good.
Jhomo/tankerdoosh....You are the bomb!
<sigh>
Did you ever find the horse you belong to, ass?:laugh:

Latest resources

Back