Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta reports $6.4 BILLION loss for 1st qtr.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey General 737 Pylt, I guess those international routes aren't that lucrative after all. Good job trying to spin a $6,100,000,000 loss.

This DAL/NWA thing looks like a match made in heaven for flawed business plans. This is like watching Pan Am and Eastern team up.

What's the odds of Delta NOT being back in Ch 11 by the end of the year? For that matter, what's the odds that Delta will be around in 5 years?

Yeah, that will buy DL/NWA a qtr and a half.

I guess you didn't read the article either. I guess Lubbock papers just report on FDLS Branch dividians.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I rest my case, I'd swear you sit in front of a picture of a Delta Widget and diddle yourself!!!

Thanks Johnny Cochran----go rest your case, and in peace. And, I know you want to think of me doing that, and that is slightly sick. You need to think of something else, really.

Bye Bye--General Lee

So, Delta WASN'T really worth that much when Parker was after them.

Parker was right!
TC

LCC isn't worth as much either. What would the combined carrier have been worth in this environment with no new markets due to the merger and $5B in additional debt?

This 6+ billion dollar loss will help when it comes to tax time. Also of note is that DAL did not take in to account taxes. IE another gain.
What this does is cleans the books for a myriad of reasons. NWA did the same thing. What they doing is making their credit ratings go up, and thus help their ability to raise capital post merger.
It is actually very astute accounting.

But, there will be no layoffs....everything is just fine!!!...signed:Steenland/Anderson...oh yeah, no HUB closures....

CBS 46 news in Atlanta just reported a quote from Anderson that "Delta may have to pass the $6.1B loss on to consumers in the form of 20-30% higher fares".

I think we just found the reason for the creative accounting. This may actually be a good thing for the industry if the fares stick. They definitely need to rise. It's pretty dumb for consumers to pay $3.90 for a gallon of gasoline and $5.00 for a gallon of milk, but still demand $59 fares to Florida!

For that matter, what's the odds that Delta will be around in 5 years?

What are the odds that USAF pilots will stop wearing scarfs, excuse me, ascots, or that they/you will stop playing crud and use a pool table for what it's meant for?

I guess you didn't read the article either. I guess Lubbock papers just report on FDLS Branch dividians.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General, what is your fixation with Lubbock? All the wackos are in and around Waco. And Waco is an entirely different part of the state. Lubbock is farming, oil, and football. Remember, Waco= David Koresh, Lubbock=Buddy Holly.

Latest resources

Back