• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta reduction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilot jobs and salary growth did just fine under 8 years of Clinton.

In fact, I was furloughed during Bush's first term and my airline told me it was due to the fact that they thought Bush was going to invade Iraq which would cause the economy to slow down. Management was doing preemptive job cuts.

So quit listening to management. "My airline told me......". Love the lemmings who buy into this.

I skimmed it and read 3% Delta reduction, mostly international, and a deal for 70 more 76 seaters. I must have missed something. Oh well.

Most of the reduction is the parking of the 50 seaters. This is old news announced several months ago.

Pilot jobs and salary growth did just fine under 8 years of Clinton.

In fact, I was furloughed during Bush's first term and my airline told me it was due to the fact that they thought Bush was going to invade Iraq which would cause the economy to slow down. Management was doing preemptive job cuts.

Ya, the slowdown in the airlines probably had nothing to due with 4 jets being hijacked with two slamming into the world trade centers.

The lack of intelligence on how this was going to happen is a direct result of Clintons pulling assets out of the field. Instead he tried to gather intelligence by satellites and we all see how well that worked.

Lets also not forget the multiple chances that Clinton had to kill Bin Laden or the lack of response from the first trade center bombings by al qaeda.

Ya, the slowdown in the airlines probably had nothing to due with 4 jets being hijacked with two slamming into the world trade centers.

The lack of intelligence on how this was going to happen is a direct result of Clintons pulling assets out of the field. Instead he tried to gather intelligence by satellites and we all see how well that worked.

Lets also not forget the multiple chances that Clinton had to kill Bin Laden or the lack of response from the first trade center bombings by al qaeda.

It was also Clinton that repealed Glass-Steagall which really put the wheels in motion for the 2008 collapse. As well the Clinton administrations mandated mortgage lending to certain individual economic classes.

Remember in 2006 when Bush's DOT tried to allow foreign airlines to control U.S. Airlines and congress had to block the DOT http://www.unitedafa.org/assets/pop/print.aspx?id=4314

As soon as someone like Emirates buys someone like Delta, you can forget about a U.S. legacy airline job. Legacies will become feeders to large foreign owned international airlines flown by the lowest paid non-union pilots they can find. If we are lucky they might let us apply for a job after they are done giving first preference to pilots from their own country. When the DOT lets those foreign airlines fly within the United States (the stated goal of the EU), then you might as well give up on being a pilot based in the United States. All pilots will be based in the countries with the worst labor laws.

Last month the European Union began another fight to get us to change our airline ownership rules.

There's someone whose eyes are open!

The minute the airline infrastructure starts to crumble (one or two airlines carrying 1/3 of the US passenger load) you'll see the government drop foreign ownership rules rather than jump in with a taxpayer bailout of one of the most despised industries in America.

There's no place to safely hide your featherbed anymore!

The US Gov't has gone so far as to make it illegal to 'participate' in the EU's Carbon ETS (which is a total scam anyway, and another form of fiat currency but thats another discussion all together). I can't see them supporting foreign ownership.

Just chiming in on Dem vs Republicans, President Carter signed the deregulation act, adversely affecting the airline pilot profession. He is a Dem.

So, the Dem party is not always the friend of airline pilots/ Just saying...

Just chiming in on Dem vs Republicans, President Carter signed the deregulation act, adversely affecting the airline pilot profession. He is a Dem.

So, the Dem party is not always the friend of airline pilots/ Just saying...
Shhhhh... This is Flightinfo. There's no place for truth and realism here. ;)

That said, they're basically knocking on the door to screw with the last bastion of our profession: Legacy international flying.

Once that's gone, there will be no more "brass ring". The best you will be able to hope for is to top out somewhere around $150k a year as a 757/767 Captain flying coast to coast and down to the islands; certainly not worth sinking $50k-100k for your own training costs coming out of High School, spending 10-15 years shlepping at a Regional for $18k-45k a year, then MAYBE making it to a Major. Or what's left of one.

Support ALPA-PAC or CAPA-PAC as if your career depends on it, because... it does.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back