Delta ready to void pilots contract.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
737 Pylt said:
I can't believe you wrote something as stupid as this....How many mainline jobs were shed to promote the growth of ASA/CMR?
I don't think any mainline jobs were shed "to promote" ASA/CMR. The economics of the airplanes are too different. If you parked the RJ's, you would park mainline airplanes (as the CMR strike illustrated with CVG loads). RJ's feed mainline and without them there would be a lot less 757 & 767 flying.

The RJ is self limiting, as you are beginning to see as there is a glut in the market and a glut in Delta service. Like the RJDC was preaching, there wasn't a need to scope RJ's because there was a limited number that could be operated. The number of cities that can profitably support RJ service is now on the other side of the curve - due in part to current fuel prices, increased maintenance and labor costs. Delta will make cuts in RJ service, but they are not providing a lot of information to their codeshare partners and apparently the uncertainty has driven a stop in new hire training at ASA until some more definitive plan is spelled out by Delta.

Some number of 50 seaters are going away, as are ATR's and the 40 seaters. There is a scramble to grab 70 seaters, and 90 seaters, as a safe place to run as the 50 seat flying declines.

oh, this just kills me....

~~~^~~~ said:
Like the RJDC was preaching, there wasn't a need to scope RJ's because there was a limited number that could be operated.

Are you really believing that?? Do you even read your own lawsuit. That definately goes into the YGTBSM category! Fins, you need to go back on your meds...all this nonsense is making you a little senile.

Latest resources

Back