Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta ramping up 717 flights in ATL and DTW. Thanks SWA!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's great to see legacy pilots bad mouthin SWA....means times are good and raises are coming for all...

I hope you guys don't think a few supposed DL guys on here represent the opinion of the rest of us. I'm always treated better on SWA than any other carrier I jumpseat with. You have an awesome company with pretty much unlimited expansion potential world wide. For the regular SWA person that doesn't post here please don't get wrapped up in the BS of a few people who love to see themselves talk on either side.

Southwest Airlines says it will spend about $100 million to convert AirTran Airways' Boeing 717s, but Chairman, President and CEO Gary Kelly insists the expense is justified to eliminate all 88 of the 100-seat aircraft from Southwest's fleet.

The cost is in addition to $40 million provided separately by Boeing.

Southwest CFO Laura Wright added that Southwest expects a $200 million boost in annual pre-tax income from replacing the AirTran 717 service with 737s that accommodate 26 more seats at roughly the same trip cost.

Southwest also says the sublease income it will get from Delta is "essentially a wash" with its ongoing rental expense for the aircraft.

The low-cost carrier says it would have spent $50 million to reconfigure and repaint the 717 aircraft if it had kept them for the Southwest fleet. Instead, it signed a deal with Delta that will send three of the 717s to the legacy carrier each month, starting in August 2013.

http://aviationweek.com/awin/southwest-boeing-spending-140m-717-conversion

Too bad Howie you couldn't have used some of that savings to pay your AirTran brethren the same rates for the same type planes, like DL did almost immediately after the Joint Contract for the 757/767 (both had 757). Oh, you couldn't afford it? You are still charging for bags on the AT side. Well done guys! And, I thanked you guys for giving DL the right sized planes to take back the Regional routes.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

I hope you guys don't think a few supposed DL guys on here represent the opinion of the rest of us. I'm always treated better on SWA than any other carrier I jumpseat with. You have an awesome company with pretty much unlimited expansion potential world wide. For the regular SWA person that doesn't post here please don't get wrapped up in the BS of a few people who love to see themselves talk on either side.

Whatever dude! Talk about playing to the mob.... Guess what? If people get upset about opinions expressed on an anonymous rumor board, then they are ridiculous. If they generalize and take it out on entire work forces, then they are dense jerks. This is an anonymous rumor board for Gawd sake! Make sure you placate them! (They may not even be Corndogs....). Wow....

Bye Bye---General Lee

And, I thanked you guys for giving DL the right sized planes to take back the Regional routes.....

And I thanked you for letting us spend $50 million (100 mil minus the 50 we would have had to spend to convert them to SWA anyway) in order to gain an extra $200 million ANNUALLY! We are gaining close to 4000 revenue producing seats by converting 717's to -700's and -800's.

Whatever dude! Talk about playing to the mob.... Guess what? If people get upset about opinions expressed on an anonymous rumor board, then they are ridiculous. If they generalize and take it out on entire work forces, then they are dense jerks. This is an anonymous rumor board for Gawd sake! Make sure you placate them! (They may not even be Corndogs....). Wow....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Dude......you really need another hobby.....

When you hit 20,000 posts do you get a set of steak knives or something ?

Last edited:

When you fly a desk like Genital there is plenty of time to add to the post count. Hell I would be willing to bet his post count on airliners.net is getting close to that magic 20,000 count as well

Dude, I've been on this board for 12+ years. I enjoy it. People like you don't like that, which is unfortunate. I enjoy the rumors, the industry talk, and the banter. If you can't understand that, well, that's too bad. I still haven't seen you add anything of substance, but I guess we can all hope. Good luck duck!

Bye Bye---General Lee

When you fly a desk like Genital there is plenty of time to add to the post count. Hell I would be willing to bet his post count on airliners.net is getting close to that magic 20,000 count as well

Total Posts: 19,459
Posts Per Day: 4.48

No way anyone who is a pilot would spend that much of their life on an Internet forum. Almost 5 posts a day every day for 4,343 days, just under 12 years. I couldn't imagine even the dorkiest pilot being that strange. And hey, idiot, please don't respond to me because I despise that FI even allows you to continue this charade. It's possibly the lowest that FI has ever gone.

Total Posts: 19,459
Posts Per Day: 4.48

No way anyone who is a pilot would spend that much of their life on an Internet forum. Almost 5 posts a day every day for 4,343 days, just under 12 years. I couldn't imagine even the dorkiest pilot being that strange. And hey, idiot, please don't respond to me because I despise that FI even allows you to continue this charade. It's possibly the lowest that FI has ever gone.

Bingo!

The guy is a non-pilot troll that should have been banned years ago. Anything he post carries NO credibility.

Oh, and Scoot...

Did you seriously think I would have applied to Delta? Not even close my friend. But I will say the new guys (possibly like yourself) are more laid back and relaxed than the hiring that was done in the past...and that's a good thing. I've seen too many FO's that were beaten down like dogs from the CA's. Not an environment I would apply to, but it sounds like it's getting better.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Wow is right. You're embarrassing. No other way to put it.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back