• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Private Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They are sending out letters recruiting companies to place the aircraft w/DPJ. We got a letter yesterday. It ain't going to happen.

x2

Management companies are a financial ripoff for 91 ops anyway, but we'll never go on DPJ so long as JS is running things

Paycuts to what? Aren't they already at about 50% industry average?

The pilots at DPJ are paid a minimum guaranteed salary. That minimum is 90% of what their salary was 2 years ago before this pay program was started. The pilots are then paid "bonus" money if the plane flies a certain # of hours per month. JS tells the pilots they are part of the group of employees responsible for the company's profitability and therefore their pay should be based on company and aircraft profitability every month.

The pay cuts are happening this way according to a friend of mine who works on a Lear 60 there....they pilots will NOT take a hit on their minimum base pay, but JS has raised the # of hours each aircraft type must fly in order for the pilots to make the "bonus" money. Some types had their hours increased by 2 hours, others by 10 hours or more. Because of this, pay cuts are anywhere from $1500 - $10,000 a year (assuming your aircraft would have flown enough each month to earn you "bonus" money).

The bizarre part of all of this is that JS thinks the pilots have control over how much the plane flies. Seems like code for "The pilots need to stop squawking airplanes and fly them in unairworthy condition." This 135 industry is BS. It is oprators like Delta Private Jets that give this industry a bad name.

It is amazing Delta Airlines puts up with this from DPJ. Then again, who knows if they even know or understand what JS has done to DPJ.

The pilots at DPJ are paid a minimum guaranteed salary. That minimum is 90% of what their salary was 2 years ago before this pay program was started. The pilots are then paid "bonus" money if the plane flies a certain # of hours per month. JS tells the pilots they are part of the group of employees responsible for the company's profitability and therefore their pay should be based on company and aircraft profitability every month.

T.

Okay, so after all the hoops, before the recent pay cut (or increased target) what are these guys taking home compared to industry average. I was thinking their pay was pretty close to 50% what the average salary for the position would be. So now they are cutting further. Crazy.

Okay, so after all the hoops, before the recent pay cut (or increased target) what are these guys taking home compared to industry average. I was thinking their pay was pretty close to 50% what the average salary for the position would be. So now they are cutting further. Crazy.

My buddy is a Lear 60 PIC with 2 years under his belt. He is making a base of $60,000. His bonus pay is anywhere between zero and $2500 a month. He told me a Challenger 604 PIC with 2 years is making $73,000 as a base salary plus th bonus, which is similar to the Lear 60 bonuses. Apparently, all FOs make $36,000 a year to start regardless of aircraft type. Now, that py raises on the base salaries are frozen, I guess the first year FOs (and I understand there are a lot of them) are stuck at $36K.

I am not sure what indstry average are for these business jets, but the have to be far more than what DPJ is paying its pilots.

The pay cuts are happening this way according to a friend of mine who works on a Lear 60 there....they pilots will NOT take a hit on their minimum base pay, but JS has raised the # of hours each aircraft type must fly in order for the pilots to make the "bonus" money. Some types had their hours increased by 2 hours, others by 10 hours or more. Because of this, pay cuts are anywhere from $1500 - $10,000 a year (assuming your aircraft would have flown enough each month to earn you "bonus" money).

The bizarre part of all of this is that JS thinks the pilots have control over how much the plane flies. Seems like code for "The pilots need to stop squawking airplanes and fly them in unairworthy condition." This 135 industry is BS. It is oprators like Delta Private Jets that give this industry a bad name.

It is amazing Delta Airlines puts up with this from DPJ. Then again, who knows if they even know or understand what JS has done to DPJ.

Just fly around at 200kts. Now that 2.5h TEB-PBI trip will be 3.5h. You'll make your bonus!! ; )

Also, planes are crewed 24/7 with 3 or 4 pilots.Throw in no vacation or sick time and you have a real happy bunch of campers.

Also, planes are crewed 24/7 with 3 or 4 pilots.Throw in no vacation or sick time and you have a real happy bunch of campers.

No vacation or sick time? What reputable company (remember, this company has Delta's name attached to it!) does not give their employees vacation and/or sick time???!!!

Some planes only have 3 pilots and they were told to work it out among themselves if one pilot goes to school, gets sick or tries to have a vacation.
Been there, done that and left.:smash::smash::smash::smash:

Latest resources

Back