• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Posts 2nd Qtr Results, Ends Qtr with $5.4 Billion Liquidity

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RP 170: I am very happy for you in your job...I don't remember talking to you in any fashion. I was responding to a statement someone other than you made. I am happy with my job, I actually enjoy it! Best of luck to you at NJA, it is a great company!

....sounds like you will enjoy it when more people lose their job.....Hell of "brotherhood" here at ALPA....Every man for themselves should be our motto....

Sorry, but DAL has an airline to run, and there are far too many RJs for the business plan.

From the Webcast today,

http://seekingalpha.com/article/150...9-earnings-call-transcript?source=bnet&page=9

Edward H. Bastian
Well, I think we have right now been taking delivery of the [76-seat] regional RJ as we’ve grounded some of the older DC930s. That is largely complete and we will not be taking any delivery of any additional 76-seat RJs as we move into the future. So that trade-off from the older DC9s into the two class regional jets is pretty much complete at this point.

This is due to current scope restrictions--at this point!
Richard H. Anderson
And I would add to that that actually the trend will probably start going the other way as we begin having a number of regional jet retirements that start commencing -- some have commenced and we’ll have more next year so you’ll actually see the 50-seat jet count at Delta continue to decline

This is not new news. At some point, 76 regional jets will replace the 50 seat jets. It's all part of the right-sizing program that will begin within the next 2 years.

This is not new news. At some point, 76 regional jets will replace the 50 seat jets. It's all part of the right-sizing program that will begin within the next 2 years.

Read his above quote too. This was on an investor call so it is bound by SEC regulations. IE no BS. They state no more 76 seat jets. We have options and none on order above the 153. The do not like em.

When he says he is cutting DCI he means it. Prepare for more cuts as these contracts mature.
If we give DCI 100 seat jets we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Joe, really?
Like has been stated before, we are for unity but it has to be in the form of a prenup with a staple to the bottom of the DAL list.

Sorry, but DAL has an airline to run, and there are far too many RJs for the business plan.

I will credit them with that. They know they were burned and burned bad by the recession jets. They will get rid of them as quickly as they can.

Is 3000 hours suppose to be impressive?

He could have as easily said 10 yrs flying corporate :cartman:

I enjoyed flying corporate, but realized it was even less predictable than the airline world, and wanted the better schedule and work rules.

FWIW, I also thought the most common animal in the corporate pilot world was the guy who slammed the airline product and pilots, usually as his way of compensating for the route he chose or was forced to take.

ACL covered it but the fact is that the "RJ boom" is over and the coontraction point has been reached. DAL is in the process of fixing its product and part of that fix includes getting rid of ALOT of "RJ's"

His contention is that we will concede more 76+ seat jets. Fact is that given our history he has the right to be fairly confident in that assumption.
I also know that ain't going to happen. I know the union has heard it and realized that this group has absolutely had enough of the same old song and dance. 100 seaters are just too much. Heck you should hear the guys that have been here 20 years muddle to themselves as they taxi a 767 past an RJ. They are finally getting it. That is something that I do not think the RJ drivers understand.
When we were making 300K plus a year, yes, we thought the RJ was below us. Now with wages and the overall QOL life going in the toilet, these guys have realized that seats are permanent, but pay rates are temporary at best.
We need seats and departures here at DAL. The scope slide has finally started to reverse course.

Heck you should hear the guys that have been here 20 years muddle to themselves as they taxi a 767 past an RJ. They are finally getting it. The scope slide has finally started to reverse course.

Thats nice to hear about the 767 guys. The Mad Dog skippers are also hell bent on not caving again. Sounds like we are growing a pair finally :)

Latest resources

Back