• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta plans no follow-on aircraft order anytime soon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
c'mon you two putzs, quit referring to one another and quit posting as soon as one of you putzs signs off, PUTZS! :rolleyes:

Oh man! I've totally forgot about this! The Mesaba flowback provisions! Can someone explain, now that Mesaba is all Pinnacle/Mesaba/Colgan with 3000 pilots, what EXACTLY does the Delta flowback mean for the new Pinnacle? As a Pinnacle or Colgan pilot, both of whom had no flowthrough ever, I better not see a single Delta pilot flow back and take our Captain seats, unless you flow here as a brand new FO on the bottom of the seniority list. Hey, it's only fair. If you'd given me a chance to flow, I could understand then. But both Pinnacle and Colgan had no dog in the Delta flowthrough/flowback arena, so why?

Aren't you giving up and going to fly in the Sandpit in Qatar? Any flowbacks (I think it is equal number up, then an equal number allowed to flow back) you would ever see (very unlikely due to huge retirement numbers) would be your Captain, after you would be displaced yourself. Sorry, that's the deal. I'm sure you could mouth off to the guy, and he can tell you to do an additional walkaround, and personally de-ice the plane in Marquette.

Instead of Qatar, why don't you follow Freebud over to the Mekong Delta, and you guys can eat each other's Egg Rolls. Make sure you ask for the special sauce, too.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
I am disgusted and amazed at the arrogance the Delta guys show their brothers at Compass and Mesaba and Pinnacle and.......

GODSPEED!!

ALPA Brotherhood, Delta style.....

Last edited:
I agree with flyer 1015 - We had nothing to do with the Delta flow through with mesaba. I think it sucks that only a select few were allowed, I also think it really sucks for the 109th guy who was the cut off point. 108 is such a stupid number. Back to my point - now that we are a merged company if there is a flow back then it not only effects mesaba, but also colgan and pinnacle now too. I had heard that our union approached Delta's union about a possible situation to eagles with american or a possible flow through but it was turned down.

I agree with flyer 1015 - We had nothing to do with the Delta flow through with mesaba. I think it sucks that only a select few were allowed, I also think it really sucks for the 109th guy who was the cut off point. 108 is such a stupid number. Back to my point - now that we are a merged company if there is a flow back then it not only effects mesaba, but also colgan and pinnacle now too. I had heard that our union approached Delta's union about a possible situation to eagles with american or a possible flow through but it was turned down.

You hadn't merged with Mesaba yet. So, you would just throw out all agreements made prior to your merger? That would be against the law. What if you had agreements with engine suppliers, or mx facilities? All of those should have been thrown out? Sorry!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Flow down Canceled

ALPA does not hire pilots. The flowthrough at Mesaba was worded very differently than Compass. The only reason it existed in the first place was because NWA purchased Mesaba. By doing so violated the NWA scope. MSA was to remain a "Category 2 Participating Feeder Carrier" in order to operate Avro replacements (CRJ900).

Once MSA was sold, it was once again a "Category 2 Participating Feeder Carrier" & thus the flowthrough agreement was vaporized. That's what was negotiated and was very clear to anyone who read it.

The flow up rights of 108 MSA pilots was protected. The flow down is gone. There will be no flow down of Delta Pilots to MSA or any other Pinnacle holdongs company.

OYS,

This doesn't sound good for you. After you get furloughed, what are you going to do?

GODSPEED!!

ALPA does not hire pilots. The flowthrough at Mesaba was worded very differently than Compass. The only reason it existed in the first place was because NWA purchased Mesaba. By doing so violated the NWA scope. MSA was to remain a "Category 2 Participating Feeder Carrier" in order to operate Avro replacements (CRJ900).

Once MSA was sold, it was once again a "Category 2 Participating Feeder Carrier" & thus the flowthrough agreement was vaporized. That's what was negotiated and was very clear to anyone who read it.

The flow up rights of 108 MSA pilots was protected. The flow down is gone. There will be no flow down of Delta Pilots to MSA or any other Pinnacle holdongs company.

I don't think that last part is a true statement. I do believe the flow downs are limited to 108 only.

Latest resources

Back