DELTA Pilots to ask for Pref Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jetlee,

By your UH-60 time and military in flying background I would assume you are a former Army Pilot. I would have hoped you would have been above the Home Depot remark. Let's raise the standard not lower it.

DAL737FO
furloughed but would gladly work at Home Depot to support my family

OK,your right. My remarks to FDJ were in poor taste, and I apologize. I should learn my lesson and not read this messageboard after I've had a few.

Don't worry, I'm sober now. It's just beyond me why some people would think it's such a step backwards to at least have an income and be flying instead of waiting around for what will certainly be years before flying the heavier iron again. I personally think it would be great to have those individuals that want to be here working here. No I don't think it would be worth it if they had to start at first year pay, but very fair if they simply were coming in at the bottom of our seniority list with DOH for pay only. Don't ask me how to get management to buy into that though. Noone wants to see these folks on the streets. Thats just plain bad for everyone.

To answer a previous posters question...

The problem about keeping their DAL seniority is that most may very well be around to vote on OUR next contract! See the conflict of interests? That is the ONLY negative thing I can think of about it, otherwise most of us could give a rats a$$ if they keep it or not.

P.S. By the way I worked at someplace very similar to Home Depot duirng our 3 month strike to help support my family (whatever it takes right?).......

A Diplomatic approach

I am going to try to be a little diplomatic about the situation.

ACE, YOU ARE A FU#$ING AS$HOLE. Try to get a little self confidence. You will never be hired by anyone so you will not have to worry about your little Comair seniority #.

PISS OFF

NYRangers,

Hey bud, settle down alittle. I don't know about you, but I flew at a Delta commuter and I knew how it felt to be looked down upon by a Delta guy. Now I am at Delta, and I never look down on anybody. That really is the difference, whether or not you flew at a regional. The guys who flew F15's or P3's may never know what it is like to fly 7 legs a day in "the crap" and get paid squat. (Sure, they know what it is like to get shot at, or fly at 10 ft above water looking for Russian subs at night....) Anyways...
It comes down to this: if a Delta guy is furloughed and WANTS a job at Comair, on the bottom, he should be allowed an interview.
When Delta was hiring big time in 1996, guess what? I got an interview. There you go. I got to leave the Delta regional, leaving a spot for you junior guys, and moved on. There are a lot of ex-Comair, ex-ASA guys at Delta, and they did not discriminate in hiring back then. As far as the voting rights during contract negotiations---maybe that should be brought into the hiring process. If furloughed Delta guys want to get on with Comair/ASA and intend on going back to Delta eventually, maybe they can abstain from voting---and sign it on the dotted line.
There you go.

Bye Bye-----General Lee:D

NYRangers,

Oh yeah, concerning Ace-----he is a jerk. Guys like that won't last long, or will never get to the majors. Most of the Comair/ASA guys/gals are not like that. That guy is on Crack.

Bye Bye---General Lee:D :cool: :p :)

It's just beyond me why some people would think it's such a step backwards to at least have an income and be flying instead of waiting around for what will certainly be years before flying the heavier iron again.

JetLee,

The reason you don't understand is because for your entire professional life, you have seen people get out of flying never to return. In order to get a good job, you had to keep flying and take the bad deals. All you want to do right now is fly airplanes because you haven't reached what you believe to be the pinnacle of your career. You want to fly the "big iron" and you need the experience from a regional to realize the dream. If a Delta 737 pilot has an ultimate goal of being a 767 captain, going back to a regional will do nothing in helping him reach that goal. He can either take a good paying, non-flying job waiting out the furlough or he can take a low paying job he probably doesn't like in the first place and in the meantime he can file bankruptcy. Either way, he is not going to realize his dream any faster but by not flying, his family has a fighting chance of staying together and he doesn't have to take a huge hit in lifestyle.

Of course, what do I know, I'm not even an airline pilot.

Fly Safe

JetLee said:
The problem about keeping their DAL seniority is that most may very well be around to vote on OUR next contract! See the conflict of interests? That is the ONLY negative thing I can think of about it, otherwise most of us could give a rats a$$ if they keep it or not.

Yeah, the 50 or 60 furloughed DAL guys who may end up at CMR will change the outcome. Give me a break. If you are so concerned about it, make it a requirement that a pilot who retains seniority somewhere else is not allowed to vote in union matters.

Latest resources

Back