• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta pilots return to 2000 pay rates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's good to see the pay raises (and no furghlous yet) these days.

It's good to see no individual contracts too.

It would have been better to see a 50% or 70% pay raise starting tomorrow, but hey may be some other super airline will raise the bar?

AA,

How are the APA negotiations going?

Curious if it looks like you guys will get anywhere close to the 30.5%?

Best of luck, it would be a great thing to see!

I like Frank's posts.

Might be from a disgruntled pilot or maybe a guy trying to come at it from the mind of Lorenzo, but either way, funny!

Oops. I guess not.

A whopping 18% pay raise over 4 years, then another 4-6 years negotiating in Section 6 for a real pay raise. JPWA basically a 10 year contract.

I haven't done the math to see when it happens, but by my calculations, the Delta pilots will actually surpass pilot pay at Air Tran! Wow!

Congratulations, and way to raise the bar for the rest of the pilot profession!

What an assinine post.

What the DAL pilots have done ( and I am not one of them) is adjust to the market...and in so doing have arguably put themselves and their company in one of the stronger positions.

As to the old 'raising the bar' crap...tell me you are joking...this is 2008 Sherlock...you survive to protect your employment in unchartered waters...and then as the market hopefully improves...the DAL pilot group will adjust as they have successfully done to this point.

Run along little man...time for you to get an education.

fv

Last edited:
Frank's posts usually rock. But I have to sort of take exception with the notion that Delta guys aren't making "real" advances.

In this environment, argueably the most trying in history, they've managed to secure atleast some gains. Everyone else appears to be stuck at furlough and concession talk. While the gains may not be what everyone would like to see, they are gains from the present nonetheless.

All seats and years except for first year(all seats) and A320 Captain years 8-12.

WRONG.

A320 F/O's years 1-3 got nothing. Except losing premium pay for sick calls.

Thanks for all you do.

I like Frank's posts.

Might be from a disgruntled pilot or maybe a guy trying to come at it from the mind of Lorenzo, but either way, funny!

Hey man, I'm the real deal. It should be clear to everyone that I left myself signed in at a public computer. I would never encourage the pilots to go after the "big money" that the Delta pilots did. To the contrary...

I have to give credit where credit is due. The Delta pilots realize how overpaid they actually were 8 years ago and know that those goals are "unrealistic in todays environment." Knowing that you will be at the recieving end of a lot of pointing an laughing from fellow pilots, it takes a lot of guts to sign a lame ass contract like they just did. These are pilots that "get it."

I see that there are a lot of other pilots on this board that also get some important points that management pilots like myself like to hammer home whenever we can.

1. If the pilots get too much money, it will bankrupt the airline.

2. It is the pilots job to manage the airline. If the pilots demand a large pay raise, then they should figure out how to pay for it.

3. Pilots getting a large pay raise will be "stealing" from other work groups.

4. Pilots should give concessions to subsidize the airline and provide a "buffer" from bankruptcy.

5. Any large pilot pay raise will make your airline "uncompetitive" and the lower paid airlines will drive your company into bankruptcy.

Please feel free to print out the above talking points and share them with your fellow pilots. I know a lot of you are already, and I thank you for that. Whenever I see some pilot justifying a weak-dicked pay raise on this board due to things like "the oil bubble", it brings a tear of joy to my eye.

I wish I could stay and chat for a while, but a meeting was called yesterday for us airline big-wigs. Apparently, the other CEO's are running out of excuses on what to scare the pilots with when the "oil scare" fiasco goes away. This shouldn't be a long meeting, as the pilots seem to bite off on anything to talk themselves out of asking for any respectable pay increase.

Thanks again Deltoids!

Frank - the superfreak of corporate raiders

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back