• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta pilots return to 2000 pay rates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fareview;1649337 What the DAL pilots have done ( and I am not one of them) is adjust to the market...fv[/QUOTE said:
Yeah, "our contract sucks but it sucks less than everyone else--WE WIN!"

:rolleyes: TC

it's nice to get an improvement- good job-
but it is a good point that it takes management one move to reduce pay by 30% or more plus ridding the pensions--- and then it takes years and years to get half of that back. ??
Eventually, that won't work. Infllation devalues it all.

Yeah, "our contract sucks but it sucks less than everyone else--WE WIN!"

:rolleyes: TC

Ehh ...yea

If you think that major airline pay rates should take a linear progression upwards...then by all means ask all the Jetblue, Airtran, Frontier, SWA guys to resign and close their carriers down...thus competition will remain linear and as such as the market increases so will the remaining airlines market share increase...and the golden $400 an hour will be on a plate.

Now ..when you are done organizing that...see if you can do something about the demand for oil and what it has done to the price of avgas.... The worlds population went from 2bn to 6.5bn in the last 50 yrs and will go to 9bn in the next thirty at which point it will level off...if you think gas is going to $55 (which is where UAL said it needs to be in the post 9/11 world..to survive) then short the futures and let us know how it goes..

You guys who are in the 'raising the bar' camp...the 'mgt are screwing us camp' need to get a clue ...its not happenning at SWA, FDX, UPS though right....because they make money...loads of it

So do yourself a favor either work at a company that makes billions or get used to the market dictating your pay rates...and for the love of god when a group like the DAL pilots achieve something positive...thank them for raising YOUR bar

Respectfully,

fv

Last edited:
So do yourself a favor either work at a company that makes billions or get used to the market dictating your pay rates...
fv

See fellas, why can't you all be like this guy? He gets it.

If the airlines your work for isn'r making billions, you should stay at the current pay rates you are working for.

Remember, pilots wages are the largest cost for airlines, and usually the tipping point for an airline going into bankruptcy. If the pilots get too much money, the airline will find itself in front of a bankruptcy judge - possibly a Chapter 7 looming out there too.

It's unfair to ask management to actually manage the airline and pass on fixed costs like pilot wages to the consumer. Remember, that is the pilots job to come up with ways to pay for any raises, such as "productivity enhancements" and relaxations in your scope clauses.

Bottom line here is, let's not rock the boat. The pilots all have a great thing going. Working a few days a month for great money. Asking for a raise is just asking for a Chapter 7 liquidation from your airline becoming "uncompetitive."

Just sit there wringing your hands about "the cost of oil" and let the money go to where it deserves to go - the executive suites. As long as the mega-bonuses keep flowing into our pockets we promise to keep running these big airlines like the well oiled machines that they are. The status quo means a steady job for you. Its a win-win.

Thanks for your generous donations!

Frank--Couldn't have said it better myself. To condense it: We'll pay the company for job security.

BTW, saw you on an interview the other day. You're looking a little haggard. I think you need to eat better and get out of the office more often. You're not still stressing over the EAL IAM trying to take a contract out on your a$$, are you?

Keep on posting! TC

Ehh ...yea

So do yourself a favor either work at a company that makes billions or get used to the market dictating your pay rates...and for the love of god when a group like the DAL pilots achieve something positive...thank them for raising YOUR bar

fv

Yea, I'm just going to walk over to FEDEX and say "I'm here to take that 747 Captain spot you've got open." ....... "What do you mean it doesn't work that way?"????

Oh OK then - Thanks ALPA for raising my bar .. way to "TAKE IT BACK" -- UP my A$$ that is !

I'm tired of the same BS - "poor economic environment - high price of gas -- it's the best we could do". I've heard it all before - the last time I voted "NO" on a POS contract.

I'll be selling "Don't blame me I voted NO - "Again"" stickers to try to recover what I pay in ALPA dues; if anyone's interested.

Now go ahead cool aid drinkers - flame away.

the idiots are the ones who vote for republicans who are anti-union and expect to have leverage...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back