Delta pilots return to 2000 pay rates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I like Frank's posts.

Might be from a disgruntled pilot or maybe a guy trying to come at it from the mind of Lorenzo, but either way, funny!

They are funny, but humor is not comprehended by the fat-a$$, socks-up-to-the-knees, conspiracy-theorists who make up the majority of this forum. These are the same guys who licked managements' boots and took concessions, allow flight attendants and gate agents to supersede Captain's authority, and then log on to flightinfo to complain and point the finger at all the other airlines for lowering the bar.

Go spend your money on Southwest, and help put these guys out of their misery.

This was pushed as getting too big to fail by our MEC (DAL). I say it is too big to STRIKE. General Lee tone it down a bit, I have lurked onthis board for the last 4 years and can't believe the BS that you spout.

Hey man, I'm the real deal. It should be clear to everyone that I left myself signed in at a public computer. I would never encourage the pilots to go after the "big money" that the Delta pilots did. To the contrary...

I have to give credit where credit is due. The Delta pilots realize how overpaid they actually were 8 years ago and know that those goals are "unrealistic in todays environment." Knowing that you will be at the recieving end of a lot of pointing an laughing from fellow pilots, it takes a lot of guts to sign a lame ass contract like they just did. These are pilots that "get it."

I see that there are a lot of other pilots on this board that also get some important points that management pilots like myself like to hammer home whenever we can.

1. If the pilots get too much money, it will bankrupt the airline.

2. It is the pilots job to manage the airline. If the pilots demand a large pay raise, then they should figure out how to pay for it.

3. Pilots getting a large pay raise will be "stealing" from other work groups.

4. Pilots should give concessions to subsidize the airline and provide a "buffer" from bankruptcy.

5. Any large pilot pay raise will make your airline "uncompetitive" and the lower paid airlines will drive your company into bankruptcy.

Please feel free to print out the above talking points and share them with your fellow pilots. I know a lot of you are already, and I thank you for that. Whenever I see some pilot justifying a weak-dicked pay raise on this board due to things like "the oil bubble", it brings a tear of joy to my eye.

I wish I could stay and chat for a while, but a meeting was called yesterday for us airline big-wigs. Apparently, the other CEO's are running out of excuses on what to scare the pilots with when the "oil scare" fiasco goes away. This shouldn't be a long meeting, as the pilots seem to bite off on anything to talk themselves out of asking for any respectable pay increase.

Thanks again Deltoids!

Frank - the superfreak of corporate raiders

Hey Frank, what was the "environment" like when the Delta pilots had the bigger pay scales? Was oil at $30 a barrel? How about $50? $100? Didn't oil go up today? So, do you really think they should get it all back now? Oil is triple or even quadruple what it was back with the 2000 contract. If oil goes down to $80 a barrel, should they get the same amount as they did back then too? Please enlighten us when you think oil will go back to $30 a barrel.

This was pushed as getting too big to fail by our MEC (DAL). I say it is too big to STRIKE. General Lee tone it down a bit, I have lurked onthis board for the last 4 years and can't believe the BS that you spout.

Say what? And you wait 4 years to say something. That's fantastic. You can have your opinion and I obviously have mine. If you can prove that I am wrong about something, then state it. In the meantime, I will go on with my life and enjoy this board. This Frank Lorenzo guy is a hoot.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Dear Frank,

I lost 30% of my pay in 2003. If I gain 30% today is it really a raise, or just a return to what I would have had to begin with.

Yours Truly,

AAflyer

It is neither and that's why we as pilots continue to lose. We just aren't as sharp as management. If you were making 200k in 2003 and took a 30% paycut that would leave you with 140K. Then lets say tomorrow you get your 30% raise you sure as heck don't go back to 200k. You would now be at 182K. Not even close to where you were in 2003.

You would need approximately a 43% payraise to get back to where you were prior to a 30% paycut.

For those airlines like DAL, AAA, UAL that took a 50% paycut they are looking at a 100% raise just to get back to where they were 8 years ago. This is why we are so royally screwed. Congratulations to Dal for getting 18% but that isn't even the tip of the iceberg in restoring this profession.

It is neither and that's why we as pilots continue to lose. We just aren't as sharp as management. If you were making 200k in 2003 and took a 30% paycut that would leave you with 140K. Then lets say tomorrow you get your 30% raise you sure as heck don't go back to 200k. You would now be at 182K. Not even close to where you were in 2003.

You would need approximately a 43% payraise to get back to where you were prior to a 30% paycut.

For those airlines like DAL, AAA, UAL that took a 50% paycut they are looking at a 100% raise just to get back to where they were 8 years ago. This is why we are so royally screwed. Congratulations to Dal for getting 18% but that isn't even the tip of the iceberg in restoring this profession.

True words! This industry will never recover in the USA. The pilots lack the will to make any significant change.
Too many guys living on the edge of bankruptcy and spending well above their income.
Hoping for the best and expecting nothing from this new company.

Now I have made a comment that some guys may disagree with. Some dudes are going to jump on the board and call me a racist and refer to some past posts about me hating white dudes etc to discredit my veiws.

I have met some good folks across the divide but we still have a huge amount of people who dislike black people and express their hatred amoung themselves and many times directly to us black folks. I see quite a bit of that in aviation.
So please go ahead and find out who I am and report me to some white dude in management stating that I believe America has racism blablabla and maybe he can fire me from my job with the excuse that I am not color blind enough or brainwashed enough to belong to your group. Frankly I do not give a damn!.
To all the black folks who have heard me express veiws that lighten the impact of racism or black oppression in America, please accept my unreserved apology. I have returned from the evil side of Ignorance that enables racism.
Now good white folks of flightinfo you are free to attack me!!:) Have fun.

Last edited:
Now I have made a comment that some guys may disagree with. Some dudes are going to jump on the board and call me a racist and refer to some past posts about me hating white dudes etc to discredit my veiws.

I have met some good folks across the divide but we still have a huge amount of people who dislike black people and express their hatred amoung themselves and many times directly to us black folks. I see quite a bit of that in aviation.
So please go ahead and find out who I am and report me to some white dude in management stating that I believe America has racism blablabla and maybe he can fire me from my job with the excuse that I am not color blind enough or brainwashed enough to belong to your group. Frankly I do not give a damn!.
To all the black folks who have heard me express veiws that lighten the impact of racism or black oppression in America, please accept my unreserved apology. I have returned from the evil side of Ignorance that enables racism.
Now good white folks of flightinfo you are free to attack me!!:) Have fun.

???????????????????????????

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back