Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Frank Lorenzo

Oops. I guess not.

A whopping 18% pay raise over 4 years, then another 4-6 years negotiating in Section 6 for a real pay raise. JPWA basically a 10 year contract.

I haven't done the math to see when it happens, but by my calculations, the Delta pilots will actually surpass pilot pay at Air Tran! Wow!

Congratulations, and way to raise the bar for the rest of the pilot profession!

Oops. I guess not.

A whopping 18% pay raise over 4 years, then another 4-6 years negotiating in Section 6 for a real pay raise. JPWA basically a 10 year contract.

I haven't done the math to see when it happens, but by my calculations, the Delta pilots will actually surpass pilot pay at Air Tran! Wow!

Talk about flamebait. Were we ever going to do it all in ONE LARGE JUMP? Nope. You are an idiot Frank. And I love the part about 4-6 years of negotiating after that. Yeah, right. We actually have a provision that states Mediation WILL start 90 days after our ammendable date if a new contract isn't reached by then. Not bad, and it kinda gets the ball rolling if nothing else. But hey, keep dreaming Frank, and I am glad you thought we were going to get it all back at once, in this environment......

You are awesome Frank, NOT.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Oops. I guess not.

Name another pilot group getting a raise.

Talk about flamebait. Were we ever going to do it all in ONE LARGE JUMP?

Isn't that what the pilots of AA are trying for? What about UAL? Why are they applying so much pressure at UAL? You think they are trying for a piddly raise like yours? How about CAL?

Why is your strategy of accepting Air Tran pay rates for 10 years superior to those that want to raise pay rates NOW approximately 50%?

We actually have a provision that states Mediation WILL start 90 days after our ammendable date if a new contract isn't reached by then. Not bad, and it kinda gets the ball rolling if nothing else.

A mediator means nothing. Until the mediator releases you you have NOTHING. The mediator could release you in a few months, or a few YEARS.

The only other option is wildcatting, and that didn't work out too well for you last time, did it?

I am glad you thought we were going to get it all back at once, in this environment......

What "environment?" In case you missed it, oil is falling faster than it went up. Your timing is impeccable. Ram through a concessionary contract during a recovery to set a stage for the pilots working for sub-par wages during a sustained economic boom.

Besides, YOU are the one always popping off on here how wonderful your management team is, and how they can make all sorts of money. Why is it that your managerial "dream team" can't afford to pay Delta pilots any more than the Valu Jet pilots?

I guess it doesn't matter anymore. You are now stuck with your dream contract. All of the other pilots will get a chance to enjoy it as well. I am sure they are looking forward to their management teams presenting your pathetic pay rates to a mediator as "industry standard."

Way to go!

Oops. I guess not.

Congratulations, Delta! Way to raise the bar. Now, if only the rest of you scumbag legacy pilots could do the same.

Dear Frank,

Probably a management slip, however when one requests the pay that was taken away from him/or her and then asks to merely have the "government" cost of living adjustment attached to it, how does it become a raise.

I lost 30% of my pay in 2003. If I gain 30% today is it really a raise, or just a return to what I would have had to begin with.

Yours Truly,

AAflyer

any mgt team would be STUPID to give back pay rates in one massive jump. Of course we all want it back...Hell yea. AA and UAL are still on loose ground. Delta isn't out of the woods, but at least making headway. The important part is big D achieved some fwd progress.

as far as big Blue...not all seats at all longevities recieved a raise...some guys got ZERO while all E190 captains got a much needed 10% bump. Lots of other changes in between...some good, some bad.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back