• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Pilot Accused Of Bringing Gun To Airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're right, so is it 5th or 9th grade that you troll looking for boys?

This is a marked improvement for you! Bravo!

Jealousy will get you nowhere.

True, but fishing on FI for a giant double breasted doosh will get me everywhere!

True, but fishing on FI for a giant double breasted doosh will get me everywhere!

And answering to a regional low paying doosh is even more entertaining!
Stop back when you have less time.
Check mate!

OMG. Would you guys kiss already?

And answering to a regional low paying doosh is even more entertaining!
Stop back when you have less time.
Check mate!

Oh yeah, I just can't wait to sit reserve on the 88 for 3 years in NY for all 3 airports for 10K more per yr with no time off, and give half that to Big Brother, then get furloughed in 7 years. Where do I sign up for that? I mean really that is sooooo atractive. I'm really missing out.

I can smell your crashpad all the way over here.

I would, however, relish the opportunity to try my hand at landing on taxiway M in ATL. Now THAT is something to shoot for.

Oh yeah, I just can't wait to sit reserve on the 88 for 3 years in NY for all 3 airports for 10K more per yr with no time off, and give half that to Big Brother, then get furloughed in 7 years. Where do I sign up for that? I mean really that is sooooo atractive. I'm really missing out.

I can smell your crashpad all the way over here.

I would, however, relish the opportunity to try my hand at landing on taxiway M in ATL. Now THAT is something to shoot for.

Another lifer trying to rationalize his career decision. Tell you what, sport, when you hit 65 and look back at "what could have been" try not to cry too much.

BTW, 3rd year pay on any Delta equipment surpasses anything at a regional -- unless you're supplementing your income as a checkairman -- and how secure is that? Second-year pay on the 767 was more than I was making as an RJ CA. It never ceases to amaze me how many people are happy knowing they will never break six-figures and will be stuck sweating their arses off in an RJ for the rest of their lives because of fear of (insert your favorite: furlough, first year pay, being on reserve ...)

Did they teach you in flight school to only look three years ahead in this career? Why even go to a regional if you're worried about first or second-year pay?

But, whatever helps you sleep.

Another lifer trying to rationalize his career decision. Tell you what, sport, when you hit 65 and look back at "what could have been" try not to cry too much.

BTW, 3rd year pay on any Delta equipment surpasses anything at a regional -- unless you're supplementing your income as a checkairman -- and how secure is that? Second-year pay on the 767 was more than I was making as an RJ CA. It never ceases to amaze me how many people are happy knowing they will never break six-figures and will be stuck sweating their arses off in an RJ for the rest of their lives because of fear of (insert your favorite: furlough, first year pay, being on reserve ...)

Did they teach you in flight school to only look three years ahead in this career? Why even go to a regional if you're worried about first or second-year pay?

But, whatever helps you sleep.

Agreed. It amazes me how short sighted some people are. Need to think long term, 10,20,30 years down the road. My worst day at Delta is better than my best at my previous regional. I have friends who were furloughed for over four years and have never regretted leaving the commuters. A 10k pay raise? Sure that is all? DC plan at regional? Profit sharing? Duty rigs? Larger/better paying aircraft to look forward to? The list goes on.....

I'll lift a fine German pilsner on my next 48-hr FRA layover. "God bless you, Dubya. May you enjoy the choice you've made."

Latest resources

Back