Delta Parking 767's rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't you have anything better to do?
He should be servicing his colonel.:blush:;)
Watch how much trouble he gets in for not faxing those important papers or for not getting his superior officer his coffee in a timely manner.

If you were getting on at Southwest as you claim you really would not be focusing on Delta now would you.

You have to focus on Delta because their pilots are spineless and have been doing everything in their power to bring down this profession. 12 domestic codeshare partners, agreeing to have their contracts torn up, taking pay cuts...ect. All the while tool boxes like GL, OYS, and Scope tell us how great Song is and how bad SWA is. Meanwhile, SWA FOs make more than Song narrow body CAs, they are breaking RJ codeshares, hiring pilots, and getting better contracts every few years. Maybe Delta pilots could form a union and that would help them finally act like men instead of male stewardesses.

Not sure parking a 744 would even make much of a difference. Aren't there 2 spares out of the 16 as it is? They could just turn away a bit of military flying for the time it's getting modified. Sounds like zero reduction to me. They probably just want to make Wall Street happy -- the stock price goes up every time they announce one of these cutbacks.

You have to focus on Delta because their pilots are spineless and have been doing everything in their power to bring down this profession. 12 domestic codeshare partners, agreeing to have their contracts torn up, taking pay cuts...ect. All the while tool boxes like GL, OYS, and Scope tell us how great Song is and how bad SWA is. Meanwhile, SWA FOs make more than Song narrow body CAs, they are breaking RJ codeshares, hiring pilots, and getting better contracts every few years. Maybe Delta pilots could form a union and that would help them finally act like men instead of male stewardesses.
Your office must be real busy after that crash in Ventura. Is that why you're on the computer so much lately? The boss out of the office?
Well sparky, fluff up those knee pads if you want a raise to pay for that job at southwest. You got lots of scrubbing of toilets and cups of coffee to make.:laugh:

I normally don't agree with what you say, but in this case...I do believe you hit the nail in the head. The General and his disciples love to hijack SWA threads thumping their chest acting like Delta is all that and more. They are like politicians, trying to distract the masses with someone elses problem while their own mess is just as bad, if not worse.

“These higher fuel prices are going to be the new normal,” he said. Despite the headwinds, Delta should produce as much as $700 million in free cash flow from its operations in the current quarter as new revenue initiatives are already paying dividends, he added.

Booking trends will remain robust in nearly all areas of Delta’s network for the summer, with a demand recovery in Japan likely to further strengthen this fall as that country recovers from the earthquake and tsunami, Ed said.

And he’s optimistic that regulators will soon approve a slot swap between Delta and US Airways that will give Delta a bigger presence at New York-LaGuardia. The long-pending transaction would boost Delta’s New York market share.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Well GL, you're right. Delta is a strong viable airline. Thanks for posting the talking points of your CEO who's main job (other than trying to plug leaks on a sinking ship) is to prop up the stock price and get suckers to buy it. Hopefully those suckers who held DAL stock right up to CH 11 either have short memories or haven't warned new investors to what a bad operation being run at Delta.
I'm sure Delta has a bright future. I'm sure their pilots will do ANYTHING mgt needs to bump up the stock price. I'll just take the General's word for it and ignore the constant bleeding of cash. You're right General, Delta is awesome. Hopefully the SWA pilot group can follow in your footsteps.

Come on people, do you honestly think the 747-400 is going to make it past summer 2012? They will be gone; history. 777's will do that job, some even being flown by Delta and most by codeshares (sad reality). The A-330 is not nearly as good as some people think it is. It cannot take a full load of passengers and cargo to any european destination; or back.

Delta always furloughs.... so if you think you are safe - then ask the A seat guys you fly with if they expected to be furloughed when they were in the 90's? Delta is going to pare back a huge amount of capacity starting September and close one base. Green slips are being handed out due to temporary shortages (i.e. - not worth hiring somebody and training them, just to furlough them). If you are on the bottom of the list - then at least be prepared! Nobody in MGT is going to tell you they will be furloughing - then sick calls go up!

The amount of misinformation (wishful thinking) on this board is amazing.

Well GL, you're right. Delta is a strong viable airline. Thanks for posting the talking points of your CEO who's main job (other than trying to plug leaks on a sinking ship) is to prop up the stock price and get suckers to buy it. Hopefully those suckers who held DAL stock right up to CH 11 either have short memories or haven't warned new investors to what a bad operation being run at Delta.
I'm sure Delta has a bright future. I'm sure their pilots will do ANYTHING mgt needs to bump up the stock price. I'll just take the General's word for it and ignore the constant bleeding of cash. You're right General, Delta is awesome. Hopefully the SWA pilot group can follow in your footsteps.

God you need some new material, or even better......a new hobby !

Latest resources

Back