• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta parking 10 75s. 717 delivery "fluid"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe, General, this is the first time I've actually seen you be less than absolutely certain and positive on the subject of massive future hiring. Guess it's starting to sink in.

No, we all know there will be huge future hiring, at the big 3 anyway. It's just a matter of time. The exact date it will start may be "fluid", but it will happen.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Delta will resume hiring November 2013

757s and DC9s getting park will not change anything.

Stop all of this non sense

Delta will resume hiring November 2013

757s and DC9s getting park will not change anything.

You might want to let DL management know that, they seem unaware.

You might want to let DL management know that, they seem unaware.

The main deal this year is to get the overall debt down to $10 billion, which will save $500 million PER YEAR in interest payments. It was $18 billion a few years ago, so paying off $8 billion has been a major accomplishment, and shows how much revenue and profit potential DL has. There is no doubt DL will eventually need pilots, there are tons of age 65 retirements coming up, and not everyone will go to 65.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You better believe it Data. We knew all along that DL was parking some 757s, and now we know 10 will be gone by next June. (I thought more would actually be gone by then). Also, Delta will still be getting all of the 717s, with a month or two getting 3 instead of 4, etc. They all are due to go through 2 months each of heavy maintenance (SWA paying for it, thanks), and this was all known. The 757s were going to get parked (100 739ERs will replace a combo of 757s, A320s, and some 767-300 doms), and the 717 are all scheduled to come within 3 years, still. DL initial ckeckairmen on the 717 have already done flight training in one of them, and the first 717 is being painted now in MIA.

Plenty of frustration out there by some junior folk on recent bids that have had some displacements instead of all entitlements, that many were expecting to happen by now. That is understandable. At the same time, the 7ER categories, which have had some displacements on each of the last couple and now next bid, has been overstaffed, and only Summertime flying has been busy for the bottom guys in category. I'm sure when the eventual positive ONLY bids come, some will bid back, and it would be nice to throw newhires into the 717s initially, but many know that very junior 7ER FOs didn't fly a lot over FALL and Winter due to capacity cuts. That capacity has to come back in full or huge retirements have to start to get many back. That may be early next year when that and hiring might start. Right now, that category seems fat, and those extra pilots are needed for the MD90s coming in and 717s later this year. Hopefully hiring after that.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Wow General

Your last paragraph sounds just like a Westie talking about why the Nic should have been implemented already!!!!

Are u sure your not former America West?

Happy 4th

Metrojet

There is no doubt DL will eventually need pilots, there are tons of age 65 retirements coming up, and not everyone will go to 65.

This has (allegedly) been the case for a while now, and yet....

This has (allegedly) been the case for a while now, and yet....

Things happen, (9-11, BK, mergers). But people also get old and retire. The big 3 will retire a bunch, sooner than later. Happy 4th!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Wow General

Your last paragraph sounds just like a Westie talking about why the Nic should have been implemented already!!!!

Are u sure your not former America West?

Happy 4th

Metrojet

Nope, not Former AWA, but I know a bunch. I still think the Nic will be implemented, because that is the fair thing to do, since everyone agreed to the process beforehand. We'll see.....

Happy 4th to you too.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back