• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta (Northwest) Cargo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But didnt NWA cargo just get a large military cargo contract not too long ago?

I remember reading that on Deltanet not even a month ago...

Yes. They got contracts to carry troops and freight to Middle East via Europe utilizing 747-200 pax and freight planes.

Just curious why anyone thinks this is a good thing? Didn't the joint venture helped coordinate & consolidate loads so there would be sufficient demand to operate wide-body cargo flights? (at least that is always what we are told when these tie ups begin)

It would be interesting to know what is happening in SkyTeam.

Last edited:
trust me there are plans A through D on the whole ALK front.

strategically i think it is a no brainer...you can't give that feed away to AMR. DL/NW SEA to Asia network depends on ALK feed, and i wouldn't think a codeshare is solid enough. it seems that a AMR/ALK deal would pretty much end DL's SEA-Asia network.

Yep, and if you look at section 1 of the JPWA there is verbiage in there that makes it quite clear that this is step one. Ask a union rep why SEA will never be a base, no matter how much flying is in and out of there. Then tell me if you get a no bs, straight answer!
I do not think they can give you one with out lying to your face. If they do you are talking to the wrong people.

Oh Alaska is a lot closer than anyone thinks!

I'm forced to agree with you due to what I've heard from inside sources.

I don't want to, but I think you may be correct though it may take a year or two.

Wow that is what It sounds like when the hammer hits the nail on the proverbial head.
Yes, possibly up to two years, sooner if they can. Why do ya think we are pushing so hard to get this merger done??

Forced to agree?? Come on!

So which is it, JetBlue or Alaska or both? Can't wait to be on the bottom of a 17,000 pilot seniority list? :uzi:

I'm sure when we get recalled in 10 years it will be to a "much stronger global airline."

So which is it, JetBlue or Alaska or both? Can't wait to be on the bottom of a 17,000 pilot seniority list?

My guess is the SLI will go the way of what you brought to the merger. If that is the precedent, then that means a ratio in with the narrow body group. Not so much a staple but a bottom half integration. You may do better than you think.

NOT FLAME __ How did Western get assimilated?

Latest resources

Back