• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta New Hire Class Breakdown?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fact is that calling them would do no good. It is a fact that no where in the CBA does it dictate how your initial assignment should be awarded. Delta has a procedure of allowing new hires to bid. Because it is not a policy there is no way that there could be any enforcement of their decision to keep people on their initial assignment.
Fact is that in this period of rapid hiring, it will only inconvenience the first few classes by three to four months at most.

Here's a quick update on where the new hires are, or will soon be, based on the latest projected category list.

ATL:

767ER-5

767-13

737N-18

MD88-51

NYC:

767ER-5

737N-7

MD88-9

SLC:

737N-2

MD88-5

Just wait until the new AE comes out in a few weeks. There will be even more openings.
From what they are saying it is going to be fairly big.

Fact is that calling them would do no good. It is a fact that no where in the CBA does it dictate how your initial assignment should be awarded. Delta has a procedure of allowing new hires to bid. Because it is not a policy there is no way that there could be any enforcement of their decision to keep people on their initial assignment.
Fact is that in this period of rapid hiring, it will only inconvenience the first few classes by three to four months at most.

Man your mouth is getting old. I'm sure many not at the airline appreciate your perspective but when you use words like "fact" when in fact you are clueless you only loose credibility with your new coworkers.

First off, at your old airline, they may have had a CBA, but here at Delta we have a PWA (Pilot Working Agreement). It's like Air Lines and Airlines... it's the same but different.

Second, I suggest you read the PWA. Specifically 22-E-10. Fact is the PWA does dictate how aircraft are assigned to entry level pilots (hint: senority)

The PWA also dictates what happens when an AE is cancelled (which, if a pilot with an AE to ATL now doesn't get to go, then a lot of other things need to happen). The contract is being violated left and right and you don't see any need to call the union? The company will take care of you right? You sound like a Delta Flight Attendant.

All I know if I was wronged of over $7000 (pay difference between the 88 and -800 when you hit year 2) and/or wronged of my proper base you wouldn't hear me saying sucks to be me until an arbitrator told me so...

Half of us in the First class got NYC while the other Half got ATL. Since all of us are where we wanna be right now the only thing that affected us was our number.

I'd call - and if they won't help you - call the contract administrator.

I have never read Deltas contract, however, assuming you are correct that it does not dictate how classes are awarded...

1. You probably have a general seniority provision in your contract basically saying that "seniority shall govern...

even if you don't...

2. It seems clear that there is an "established past practice" of Delta allowing new-hires to bid for equipment/position in seniority order.

In any case - there is more than enough gray - that would allow a little negotiating between ALPA and the company.

Anyway - voice your concerns to your union rep/contract administrator. Don't take no for an answer.

Later

Latest resources

Back