• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta New Hire Class Breakdown?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They need to give me back my 2 months in NYC, haha. I was the cutoff guy for not holding ATL MD-88 in class... flipping the seniority order around would have had me be the bottom guy holding ATL maddog.

I don't care at all though... I'm fat, dumb, and happy in my seat now. :)

FYI, there were 6 new hires that got the ATL 767 straight out of training.

I am sure that the ones that already in class with numbers will keep them. It would be a legal nightmare to do it any other way. Plus all the ones screwed are on probation and do not have a say or legal right to anything, so they can do what they want. We are at will employees.

Actually the legal nightmare would be created by not doing anything now. Right now they could get away with just reshuffling everyone - maybe issue a few days off to smooth over feathers. The financial ramifications down the road could be huge.

Later

What do you mean guys, when you say you can hold a different equipment out of training. Does it mean, as soon as you finish your checkride, you go right back to training, or do you have to fly the A/C a specific amount of time. It just doesn't make sense for DAL to pay for two training cycles within 5 months.

Also, if anybody goes to class today, please let us know what's the deal on seniority, some of us, are now worry......not reallly, but I really want to know.

Plus all the ones screwed are on probation and do not have a say or legal right to anything, so they can do what they want. We are at will employees.

That is completely false. You are protected by the CBA. The company can not just do whatever they want to you, they must abide by the contract.

Call your rep.

Cobra,
I really don't think you'll have to worry about that. My first airline was Comair, so I knew a lot of the RJDC guys. I don't want to be cruel, but I really don't think most of those guys are hireable. Most of them are older, no degree, grossly overweight, horrible attitudes, etc.

I also think there should be a boycott of Freedom Air and GoJet pilots.

Have you guys been able to keep the well known rjdc losers out. If so, it would be nice to have a list for when Northworst starts to hire we can blackball them or at least make sure they don't finish probation.

What do you mean guys, when you say you can hold a different equipment out of training. Does it mean, as soon as you finish your checkride, you go right back to training, or do you have to fly the A/C a specific amount of time. It just doesn't make sense for DAL to pay for two training cycles within 5 months.

Also, if anybody goes to class today, please let us know what's the deal on seniority, some of us, are now worry......not reallly, but I really want to know.

There is no intial seat hold on equipment when you are hired, so yes, if there is a bid you could bid something else and go back to training when a slot opens. That is a lot of training in the first year, but some people don't want to live in a certain base or fly a certain plane. The second training is covered fully by Delta, including full hotel and per diem if in a different base other than ATL (the initial training had lodging for the first two weeks only covered by Delta).

As far as the seniority deal, I would think they would re-do the seniority list because it does affect people down the road (captain upgrade etc) and it was in the contract. As far as people already in training, I would think they would keep their current planes because everyone can now hold other equipment in subsequent bids that are happening frequently.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Plus all the ones screwed are on probation and do not have a say or legal right to anything, so they can do what they want. We are at will employees.

Where do you guys get this crazy idea? Every probationary ALPA pilot is covered by the CBA!!! The only section you don't have coverage under is the grievance rights for terminations. You should notify the Council 44 FO rep just in case they haven't heard about this. The MEC will be able to file an MEC grievance to get the list fixed.

From the DELTA contract:

"New-hires will be assigned seniority numbers on the basis of the last four digits of each individual's social security number. Individuals with the HIGHER numbers will be assigned the LOWEST seniority number".

When I read this I think it means 9999 should be the junior guy. Having LOW seniority means you are at the bottom... doesn't it (i.e. LOW guy on the totem pole). The guy with the lowest seniority is at the bottom. I could be wrong. And I certainly understand why there is confusion. Perhaps there should have been an example given.

Anyone in the current class with info please keep us updated. I'm interested in knowing if you had to re-bid.

Last edited:
From the DELTA contract:

"New-hires will be assigned seniority numbers on the basis of the last four digits of each individual's social security number. Individuals with the HIGHER numbers will be assigned the LOWEST seniority number".

When I read this I think it means 9999 should be the junior guy. Having LOW seniority means you are at the bottom... doesn't it (i.e. LOW guy on the totem pole). The guy with the lowest seniority is at the bottom. I could be wrong. And I certainly understand why there is confusion. Perhaps there should have been an example given.

Anyone in the current class with info please keep us updated. I'm interested in knowing if you had to re-bid.

The number "1" is lower than the number "10"

From the DELTA contract:

That is true except for one word you are leaving out "number".....lowest seniority number. So if your ss number is 9999 and there were twenty people in your class the 9999 guy would be company seniority number 5000 while the guy with 1111 ss number would be company seniority number 5020.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back