Delta New Hire Class Breakdown?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys will like to know this.
DAL has been awarding the seniority in class incorrectly. The contract stipulates that seniority will be awarded by the last four of your ssn. It also stipulates that it will go from highest to lowest. They have been doing the numbers in reverse for the first 8 classes or so. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Over 130 pilots have been assigned numbers that violate the CBA. This also may affect some of the AE's.

I was told 4 newhires were awarded DOM 757/767 FO a couple classes ago.

Bye Bye--General Lee

They might have been awarded the 757/767 with an advanced entitlement while in training, but I know of no new hire that got anything other than the 88 and 800 without first having the positions proffered through a system wide bid.

We also have some one new hires in the 767ER international category, but they got those positions after bidding on them in an advanced entitlement.

They might have been awarded the 757/767 with an advanced entitlement while in training, but I know of no new hire that got anything other than the 88 and 800 without first having the positions proffered through a system wide bid.

Four pilots from the Jun 18th class got the 767 right out of training.

PS, I know this as a fact. I know one of them and have looked at his training schedule on the Deltanet.

Last edited:
You guys will like to know this.
DAL has been awarding the seniority in class incorrectly. The contract stipulates that seniority will be awarded by the last four of your ssn. It also stipulates that it will go from highest to lowest. They have been doing the numbers in reverse for the first 8 classes or so. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Over 130 pilots have been assigned numbers that violate the CBA. This also may affect some of the AE's.

interesting. I just looked at the contract and you are right. Wonder how they will fix this...

I just looked at it as I was reading it, and then I had a few people I know who are in class called me. I guess that they may be rebidding tomorrow. I wonder what they will do for the rest.

What a mess!! I wonder if the company will ask for a LOA retroactive to Jan 1st, 2007?

Also, do you get a PIC type rating when you complete training, or SIC only?

What a mess!! I wonder if the company will ask for a LOA retroactive to Jan 1st, 2007?

Also, do you get a PIC type rating when you complete training, or SIC only?

You will get an SIC type on the M88 or 737.
When you go to the 757/767, whether int'l or domestic, you will get the PIC type.

I am sure that the ones that already in class with numbers will keep them. It would be a legal nightmare to do it any other way. Plus all the ones screwed are on probation and do not have a say or legal right to anything, so they can do what they want. We are at will employees.

Is there any way to know if your application is on file? I've had mine in since the beginning and I've never gotten a reception e-mail of any kind.

I doubt it'd be a big problem to resort the guys and let them out of any freezes they may be under. Its a moot point right now...most of the guys can hold the same stuff right now. Good thing this problem was discovered now vs. 500 more pilots from now!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back