• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Memo looking at new narrowbody aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You had to have the type to get hired at swa, right? That makes it pft.

That conclusion doesn't make sense. Will you elaborate on your thought process, please.

And I'm interested in your counterargument to his question:

In your rather odd world, virtue is defined by not investing in one's career. So, how do you compare?

Thanks.

eP.

Last edited:
You still haven't responded to my challenge, Scope...

I responded to it pft boy!
You bought and paid for your 737 type. My employer paid for mine.
It's really quite simple. You work for an airline that requires you to pay for your type. It's defined as PFT.
Comair did it, ASA did it, Gulfstream still does it, as do/did many others.
Your pay rates are great. Good for you. You still had to buy your way into your job.
Now back to your 6 leg day texas 2 step.

Scope,

Perhaps you missed it. I did not pay a for my type rating. (Actually, I did pay about five dollars in fuel to drive to the FSDO with my NATOPS jacket and logbook.).

You see, no one is required to pay for a type rating at SWA, just to have one. Just like you were not required to pay for your ATP and/ commercial ratings at companies along the way, just to have them.

Speaking of which, how much did you pay to get your ATP rating? `Cause according to your logic: since you had to pay for your ATP rating to meet Delta's requirements, someone should call you out as a PFTer after each of your posts.

Ad hominem isn't really my style, so I'll refrain. But I think everyone can recognize how immensely hypocritical your "PFT" rants are when by your own definition (working for an airline that requires ratings as a prerequisite for employment), you are a PFTer.

A friend of mine at Delta forwarded this memo to me about long term planning for the Delta domestic fleet. I hope to be a part of it someday!!!

"The RFP asks for proposals to deliver 100 to 200 firm aircraft, with an option for 200 more, starting in early 2013. It asks the manufacturers to consider large, medium and small narrowbody planes to be operated by Delta as mainline aircraft."

Contract negotiation time folks.

Pilot's contract up in 2012. Article states aircraft starting in 2013.

Straight out of management playbook. Dangle "growth aircraft" in front of the group.

Contract negotiation time folks.

Pilot's contract up in 2012. Article states aircraft starting in 2013.

Straight out of management playbook. Dangle "growth aircraft" in front of the group.

Yup. But, we have 116 737s over here at Alaska if Anderson wants to expedite putting the planes to use for Delta! 737-900ERs supposedly on the way too! Should help out with the 757-200 replacement.

Latest resources

Back