• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Medical

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is a first class medical that really is to the letter of the law.
Fasting after midnight.
Test your void for sugar blood etc.
Hearing test that is a pain in the a$$
Vision tests. (near, far, music note(#4) "defpotec" forward and backward, a black and white arrow test, vision test on a card, and color blindness test.)
If you are male the check under the hood and make sure that you do not have a hernia.
EKG
Weight and Height for a BMI ratio.
Two vial of blood are drawn for a full panel blood work up
Besides the blood you will know if there are issues before you leave.
If you do not get called in a week you are in the clear on the blood. If you get a not in the mail, you do not need to do anything with it.

Now what does health insurance for a family run once you get the job these days? What are the monthly premiums, co-pays, deductibles, etc?

Medical, ~$190, dental and vision ~~$20 each/month. $25 copay. Out of network has a deductible of $500.

I think it kicks in on day one of indoc.

Does anyone know if there is a "base vision" requirement. In other words, my vision is corrected to 20/20, but is there an uncorrected limit?

Not that I am aware of. Basically I think if you screw it up you need to get glasses, but that is it. I know one person that is 20/150+ and they got the job. No one really knows that the upper limit is, if there is one. FWIW

Does anyone have any info pertaining to BMI limits? As a gravitationally challenged pilot, I was just wondering if I would have a shot at getting through the medical.
AT

How heavy are you we stop hiring at 230?

Latest resources

Back