Delta Medical

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
blood values slightly abnormal?

I did the Delta medical on the second day. The medical was a little over two weeks ago. Received a letter today from the labwork saying two of my blood values are suspect- slightly outside of normal parameters. (one was a bilirubin value) not drugs or anything like that. It could be a result of fasting too much or dehydration, or indicator of something else, such as early indication of kidney stones- although I don't have any discomfort or history of that.

Is this just something that the doctor sent to me for my benefit, or has it been forwarded to Delta and now disqualifying?

Anyone dealt with this, and if it is correctable how do they handle it, or am I just hosed?

Thanks!

Last edited:
US Flyer - any update?

ACL65 Pilot wrote:
If you do not get called in a week you are in the clear on the blood. If you get a not in the mail, you do not need to do anything with it.
Not sure what this means, but it does not sound like he thinks the note is disqualifying.

No- one from Delta has called, so hopefully this is a good sign. I spoke with my AME and he asked me what the note from Doctors office said.

Note from labwork- "consult your normal physician about these discrepancies".

But this WAS mailed to me, so not sure what that means given the previous post about "in the mail".

I'll keep you posted! Thanks

I made a few phone calls and apparently I passed the medical. The note was just telling me to go to my normal doctor at some point and either re-test these things or keep an eye on them.

I think I was really dehyrated at the time which didn't help the blood values.

Thanks and good luck to all

When do you call for your "cleared for training?"

Latest resources

Back