Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta MEC and Comair MEC working together on a deal?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JonnyKnoxville

Anyone on the Delta side hearing this?

Sounds like we should hear some formal announcement in 1-4 months. Heard Moak wants to control the bottom of DCI so he can control the whole Delta House. I do not know if it is just Comair or if it also involves Compass and Mesaba as well.

Quite refreshing to hear our pilot groups getting along and working together! Unfortunately, we will always have JC and acarpe to remind us of our dark past.

Well, calling folks together for a meeting is not exactly earth shattering, seeing as how we do that sort of thing every so often. We all fly Delta passengers and there are many areas of mutual interest.

It would be great to see something grow out of that, but, I get the feeling management is thinking going the opposite direction with a spin off that among other things, breaks the flow through agreement.

Last edited:
I'm not sure Comair wants the same MEC and not sure the Delta MEC wants that either and Mesaba would fit in there somewhere. Doesn't make sense.

Other than saving on office supplies, I'm not sure there is a benefit.

Ain't gonna happen....

Anybody else the problems with DOH and ALPA merger policy in this one??

OK, so a New-hire 767 First Officer and a Comair Captain will fight it out to the death in arbitration also.....

No way.....anybody wanna argue this one??

If anything like that were to happen, it would be a staple. Same as it would have been in 1999.

Would some yahoo claim he was owed DOH? Sure, expect it, but it would mean nothing.

ASA & Comair had agreed to DOH on a pro-forma basis to integrate their RJ fleets.

Last edited:
If anything like that were to happen, it would be a staple. Same as it would have been in 1999.

There wouldn't have been a staple or an SLI in 1999 because there would not have been a merger. Don't confuse a PID with a merger.

Furthermore, no one pushing the the PID ever agreed that a staple would be acceptable if there had been a merger so how could you tell us today that it would have been a staple?

Furthermore, no one pushing the the PID ever agreed that a staple would be acceptable if there had been a merger so how could you tell us today that it would have been a staple?
Well, they SHOULD have and my idea was to print up "We'd be grateful for a staple." Anything else was political suicide.

Every analysis from common sense to a careful examination of merger policy by Experts gave the same result, by paycheck, or equipment, it would have been a staple.

My idea was shot down because ALPA policy specifically stated that the parties could not go in to a PID with seniority demands/positions.

You are right that a PID is a long way from a merger.

If this thing ever comes up again, I think people have learned from past mistakes.

"Anyone on the Delta side hearing this?"

How about anyone on the Comair side hear this?

I like rumors but this one is a little tough to fathom.
I'll believe it when I see Acarpe pulling gear for a Comair pilot. For now, I'll keep delivering pizzas.

Latest resources

Back