Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta MEC and Comair MEC working together on a deal?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ACL your usually spot on and I hope your right. I have been waiting for 10 years for that to happen.

My idea was shot down because ALPA policy specifically stated that the parties could not go in to a PID with seniority demands/positions.

That's not correct at all. ALPA merger policy does not prohibit two airline pilot groups from resolving their SLI without invoking ALPA merger policy or establishing a PID. The latest example is DAL/NWA, no PID.

Last edited:
FDJ2:

Of course ALPA policy does not prohibit mutual agreement. Even so, the NWA/DAL merger needed Prater's approval to deviate from the process in Section 45 of the Admin Manual.

I refer to an instance where there was not mutual agreement. Coming from a minority position they viewed the Admin Manual procedures as a sequential checklist where each condition had to be met before proceeding to the next step. Any deviation would have been reason in itself to kill a politically unpopular request.

If your point is that they should have sought mutual agreement before running to the Board with a PID, your point is well taken. Hell, that's what I told them a decade ago.

Last edited:
FDJ2:

Of course ALPA policy does not prohibit mutual agreement.

Even so, the NWA/DAL merger needed Prater's approval to deviate from the process in Section 45 of the Admin Manual.

I refer to an instance where there was not mutual agreement. Coming from a minority position they viewed the procedures as a sequential checklist.

If your point is that they should have sought mutual agreement before running to the Board with a PID, your point is well taken, and that was the lesson being referred to.

Obviously, if there is no mutual agreement you will never get a list outside of the PID. Perhaps the reason there was no mutual agreement is because ASA/CMR MEC's never asked to be stapled in the event of a merger, as a matter of fact, the rhetoric at the time was quite clear, they intended to invoke ALPA merger policy and allow the process to run it's course, which of course ends with arbitration. No, they wanted something other than a staple.

Regardless, water under the bridge.

PREAMBLE
The role of ALPA in seniority integration is solely to provide the process by which the affected pilot groups on ALPA airlines arrive at the merged seniority list for presentation to management, through their respective merger representatives, using arbitration if necessary. Responsibility for the merged seniority list falls upon the respective merger representatives with ALPA National in a neutral position on the merits. It must be understood that what appears to be truly "fair and equitable" often differs depending upon the eyes of the beholder and that there may be no consensus of what is "fair and equitable." This policy does not preclude two or more ALPA pilot groups from entering into discussions and/or reaching an agreement without invoking this process. (SOURCE - Executive Board May 1991; AMENDED - Executive Board May 1998)

Last edited:
Nevermind - water under the dam. Thanks for the reply.

Latest resources

Back