Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
Ty,

I know you'd look pretty good in one of those. When we start hiring again in a few years, if you're still a nice guy I will try to get you an interview.:D

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:;)

Well, OK, but only if I can keep the goatee . . . . . . !

Seriously, glad to see some good things happening for our fellow pilots, looks like Wall Street is, too.

Ty,

I'll see what I can do about the goatee, and it may actually be acceptable to wear one at Song, our new---HIP airline.......

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:

MD-11's to WOA

General: Your right (kinda). Delta did give World one of their MD-11's on a power by the hour basis. World has one on line, with rumor for two more soon.

Swimmer

I thought that was where they were going. Maybe the other ones will be used again by us someday......

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool:

If the MD-11s do go to help out the Song operation, would you expect that they be painted in full Song colors?

That'd be kinda cool to see..

Song flying

General Lee,

I know that the Song airplanes are flown by Delta pilots, but all other employee groups have been separated from mainline Delta.

Are the Song flying lines bid along with the regular flying, or is it a separate "bid pack". . .

I guess the question I'm asking: is a "Song" 757 pay /workrules /ect. the same as a "Delta" 757 from a pilot's perspective. Do the other employee groups have heartburn with this?

Just curious. . .

Klhoard,

No, currently the Song flights are inter-mixed throughout all of the regular bid packet trips. All 4 757/767 bases (ATL, CVG, SLC, LAX) have trips that have Song flights. Usually you start on a mainline flight from your base and end up the first or second day in NYC or somewhere in FLA---where you pick up a day or a couple days flying the Song flights, and then the last day you fly a mainline flight back to your base. It gives the company a lot of flexibility to be able to use any of the 757/767 pilots out there for Song flights, although I bet eventually there will be separate pilots flying those at a lower pay rate, but the ability to fly 5-10 more hours to make up the difference----which is what we did at Delta Express on the 737.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back