Delta Makes a little cash/ Info only/ please no bashing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
>>The FA's carrying 5 and 6 bags is ridiculous!!!<<
AMEN! I carry 2: 22" suitcase and flight bag. Period.

I was not talking about the pilots. Read the thread again. If you don't understand it ask your captain.

As for not pilot being hired to handle bags ask some of the United hires who had to work in a non-pilot position prior to flying the line!

Sorry Shon7, I just looked at the posters name 727fa. I didn't know or expect a flight attendant to be replying to a post in the Major's section of a pilots web board. I jumped the gun assuming he/she was a pilot, I aplologise.

NYR

Excuse me, you don't know me. I'm in the aisle each and every flight working and "playing tetris" with the bags and bins. That IS my job, and I DO it. There are simply too many bags getting to the gate and on the a/c. There was actually a memo from MGT acknowledging that recently and that it needs to be reigned in and steps they're taking to do that.

I generally fly lead and screen at the door and my crew is very assertive/active in the cabin. If I have 1 bag to check in a trip (usually for size, not number) that's a lot for me.

Many crews aren't as pro-active in the aisle; that's true. I think the ramp up of "pre-check for free" has allowed this behavior to escalate ("We can just gate check it so I don't have to try.") and that's a problem. But honestly, tell me when you've seen ANY gate at ANY airline use their "size-wise" in the last 5years. How many gates even HAVE them anymore!?

Not every suggestion for efficiency in boarding/service in the cabin is an attempt by cabin crew to do less or be lazy. Sheese...thank god the vast majority of your fellow pilots have a more accurate perspective on what goes on "back there."

Don't feed trolls.......

>>The FA's carrying 5 and 6 bags is ridiculous!!!<<
AMEN! I carry 2: 22" suitcase and flight bag. Period.

Some FAs like me are away for 8-10 days at a time flying to different parts of the world where the weather is vastly different....but I agree 5-6 bags is ridiculous and I doubt it happens much.

Sorry Shon7, I just looked at the posters name 727fa. I didn't know or expect a flight attendant to be replying to a post in the Major's section of a pilots web board. I jumped the gun assuming he/she was a pilot, I aplologise.

NYR

I hope you're not saying FAs can't post on an "aviation web board."

Don't feed trolls.......

Some FAs like me are away for 8-10 days at a time flying to different parts of the world where the weather is vastly different....but I agree 5-6 bags is ridiculous and I doubt it happens much.

Not at all, just saying I didn't expect it and replied to Shon7 with my head inverted. Now on the the thought of merging with US Airways....NOOOOOOOO!

Thanks Rangers...I thought it was a bit early for April Fools, eh? Man...I hope THAT doesn't happen; though it would be ironic after their run on us.

Zone, you're correct about long range trips--that wasn't my point: a DOM 3 day with 5 bags is too much.

Fly safe all!

Don't feed trolls.......

I'm sure being asked to do your job comes across as offensive to you since it cuts into your time sitting at the back with the other ranchers. Doesn't surprise me the least bit.

You add nothing to the debate either way.

There are simply too many bags getting to the gate and on the a/c. There was actually a memo from MGT acknowledging that recently and that it needs to be reigned in and steps they're taking to do that.

Wow. MGT agreed so it must be true. MGT also feels you are overpaid. Is that true as well.

If I have 1 bag to check in a trip (usually for size, not number) that's a lot for me.
So all this complaining is because you have a few extra bags to gate check!

Not every suggestion for efficiency in boarding/service in the cabin is an attempt by cabin crew to do less or be lazy
Ever thought of perhaps getting to the airplane earlier, and encouraging the gate agent to start the boarding earlier. And before you claim how that is not possible, try it next time. I'm sure your gate agents will be more than happy to do that. If not write to MGT. I'm sure they will oblige.

Wow. MGT agreed so it must be true. MGT also feels you are overpaid. Is that true as well.

So all this complaining is because you have a few extra bags to gate check!

Ever thought of perhaps getting to the airplane earlier, and encouraging the gate agent to start the boarding earlier. And before you claim how that is not possible, try it next time. I'm sure your gate agents will be more than happy to do that. If not write to MGT. I'm sure they will oblige.

Wow. You just don't get it.

Latest resources

Back