• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Makes a little cash/ Info only/ please no bashing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are on a pilot board not a baggage handler or ramp agent board. No pilot here was hired to handle bags.

I was not talking about the pilots. Read the thread again. If you don't understand it ask your captain.

As for not pilot being hired to handle bags ask some of the United hires who had to work in a non-pilot position prior to flying the line!

I was not talking about the pilots. Read the thread again. If you don't understand it ask your captain.

As for not pilot being hired to handle bags ask some of the United hires who had to work in a non-pilot position prior to flying the line!

You used the word "you" when posting to another poster about getting off his or her's bottom. I'm guessing no one "had" to work as a baggage handler prior to being hired as a pilot. Just to make sure I'll ask my captain...lol.

If you were trying to say that as an airline "we" (the airline) should take care of the passengers needs when they buy a ticket on "our" (the airline) airline, then I agree with you. As far a bag fee's, I think they are a great option for the customer. Insted of everyone paying for checked bags in the ticket, you (the paying passenger) only pay for one if you want to. Every airline charges for checked bags, only some give you the option to not have a bag and not pay for everyone elses.

I didn't have time to show my captain this post, so i'm sure there are spelling and gramatical errors. lol

NYR

I wish we could open a florida base now!!!!

You used the word "you" when posting to another poster about getting off his or her's bottom. I'm guessing no one "had" to work as a baggage handler prior to being hired as a pilot. Just to make sure I'll ask my captain...lol.

If you were trying to say that as an airline "we" (the airline) should take care of the passengers needs when they buy a ticket on "our" (the airline) airline, then I agree with you. As far a bag fee's, I think they are a great option for the customer. Insted of everyone paying for checked bags in the ticket, you (the paying passenger) only pay for one if you want to. Every airline charges for checked bags, only some give you the option to not have a bag and not pay for everyone elses.

I didn't have time to show my captain this post, so i'm sure there are spelling and gramatical errors. lol

NYR

Hey Rangers-
Go back and look at who shon7 was talking to...."B727FA"

Making sense yet?:rolleyes:

Hey Rangers-
Go back and look at who shon7 was talking to...."B727FA"

Making sense yet?:rolleyes:

He's a Delto pilot, needs it explained in a pop-up book. :nuts:

Way to take the high road. ^^^

If I was Chief for a day, I would charge $1/bag.

50 bags per flight per day (3200 flights) equals $160,000/day.

My add campain:

"Buck it, bags no longer free."

"It's only a dollar for buck sake."

"It's time to buck you like all the other airlines are doing."

"Time to buck all yall."

Forget that, start charging the FA's like pax (Even if it's Carry-on's), First two are free, $25.00 for each after that, The FA's carrying 5 and 6 bags is ridiculous!!! (I guess this is a hot subject with the FA's lately and apparently a few SW FA's Have been called out on it by AT people and they are in an uproar)

We could stop Fuel Hedging (Since it apparently loses money ;) )

Later,

KBB

Or maybe you need to get off your behind and assist the passengers - the job you were hired to do in the first place!

Excuse me, you don't know me. I'm in the aisle each and every flight working and "playing tetris" with the bags and bins. That IS my job, and I DO it. There are simply too many bags getting to the gate and on the a/c. There was actually a memo from MGT acknowledging that recently and that it needs to be reigned in and steps they're taking to do that.

I generally fly lead and screen at the door and my crew is very assertive/active in the cabin. If I have 1 bag to check in a trip (usually for size, not number) that's a lot for me.

Many crews aren't as pro-active in the aisle; that's true. I think the ramp up of "pre-check for free" has allowed this behavior to escalate ("We can just gate check it so I don't have to try.") and that's a problem. But honestly, tell me when you've seen ANY gate at ANY airline use their "size-wise" in the last 5years. How many gates even HAVE them anymore!?

Not every suggestion for efficiency in boarding/service in the cabin is an attempt by cabin crew to do less or be lazy. Sheese...thank god the vast majority of your fellow pilots have a more accurate perspective on what goes on "back there."

Latest resources

Back