Delta Makes a little cash/ Info only/ please no bashing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
or you can charge for bags and be like us :D

If I was Chief for a day, I would charge $1/bag.

50 bags per flight per day (3200 flights) equals $160,000/day.

My add campain:

"Buck it, bags no longer free."

"It's only a dollar for buck sake."

"It's time to buck you like all the other airlines are doing."

"Time to buck all yall."

I say make 1st checked bag free, $10 for "carry-on" over 1 item. That would clear the bins, ensure better on-time results, and prevent last-minute gate checking. There are SO many times we're "Pre-checking" and "gate-checking" bags 10 mins before departure which is hard for the gate, the FA's and the ramp...and we're carrying the bags for free anyway.

I say make 1st checked bag free, $10 for "carry-on" over 1 item. That would clear the bins, ensure better on-time results, and prevent last-minute gate checking. There are SO many times we're "Pre-checking" and "gate-checking" bags 10 mins before departure which is hard for the gate, the FA's and the ramp...and we're carrying the bags for free anyway.

Amen, sister....you posted before I had the chance to! The crap people try to carry on AND are able to get by the gate agents with is mind-boggling. :nuts:

does everyone think that the bags will be an issue when SWA is in Atlanta full-time with no AT left? It will be interesting to see when that does finally happen.

does everyone think that the bags will be an issue when SWA is in Atlanta full-time with no AT left? It will be interesting to see when that does finally happen.

my guess is when SWA has the tranny computer system to track and charge for bags, they will. theres too much money they're missing out on and they know it.

Its simple, tickets are taxed bags are not, keep tickets lower and charge for bags instead raising tickets and you boost profits without having the gubment grabbing more out of the cookie jar.

my guess is when SWA has the tranny computer system to track and charge for bags, they will. theres too much money they're missing out on and they know it.

Its simple, tickets are taxed bags are not, keep tickets lower and charge for bags instead raising tickets and you boost profits without having the gubment grabbing more out of the cookie jar.

Right, because the ATC system and airports don't need modernizing. Better give that money to the Mitt Romney's of the world.

You're hoping something goes hay-wire aren't you? Moderator or instigator?

Nice job Delta!! That's a lot of coin.

How much of the profit was from bags? If those bags dry up, you'll be just like the rest of us!!:cool:

Kind of how your airline would have only made $66 million without your fuel hedging. I think there is a heafty amount of bag fees in our profit, as are food service, movies and other amenities that your lower tier airlines don't offer. Welcome to Atlanta sw.

Kind of how your airline would have only made $66 million without your fuel hedging. I think there is a heafty amount of bag fees in our profit, as are food service, movies and other amenities that your lower tier airlines don't offer. Welcome to Atlanta sw.

"Thankyou!" (Elvis impersonation) "Thank-you...thank-you, very much..thank-you!!"

BTW...Whataburger...you've got a second career in marketing, if you need it!..;)

Oh, yeah, nyRANGERS...it's SW,..not sw. :D

Latest resources

Back