Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta mainline denying ASA jumpseaters?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Salty Pirate

I heard that some Delta pilots were not letting ASA ride up front because we are no longer owned by mainline. Is there any truth to this.

any delta connection pilot (i.e. MESA, asa, comair, skywest, chitaq) can sit in the jumpseat of any delta or dci airplane so i doubt this is true

It is not supposed to be true. Usually the gate is the problem, not the Captains. ASA and DL are in CASS and there is a procedure to follow which was outlined well in the jumpseating section of the ALPA board.

If you have specifics, please provide them to RG. He is well-informed and will be able to answer any questions you might have.

You may find his address on the ALPA board.

ASA on CASS? When did this happen? Thought the company was too cheap to get it?

Had a DAL Capt ride my JS going to IAH the other day and he didn't mention it.

Heck would be so nice of Delta pilots to have multiple jumpseaters!!!! Come on DAL pilots tell your union you want this!!!!!!! United did!!!!!!!!!

ASA is not CASS, DAL is. That's the problem. The DAL gate agents think only CASS pilots can ride up front, but that's for off-line pilots. Any DAL/DCI pilot can sit in any DAL/DCI cockpit.

I had a mainline Capt. tell the gate agent he was pretty sure that I couldn't ride up front going home from Atlanta last week. Fortunatly there eneded up being seats in the back so I didn't have to get into it with him. I was under the impression nothing has changed yet.

jj

jstyle13 said:
I had a mainline Capt. tell the gate agent he was pretty sure that I couldn't ride up front going home from Atlanta last week. Fortunatly there eneded up being seats in the back so I didn't have to get into it with him. I was under the impression nothing has changed yet.

jj

deleted

Last edited:
jstyle13 said:

jj

Well, you should have gotten that guy's name, after you got off his plane of course. The guy sounds clueless. I know there ISN'T a movement to deny any ASA pilots from the cockpit. Sounds isolated. Sorry you had to go through that.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back