Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta mainline denying ASA jumpseaters?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
Well, you should have gotten that guy's name, after you got off his plane of course. The guy sounds clueless. I know there ISN'T a movement to deny any ASA pilots from the cockpit. Sounds isolated. Sorry you had to go through that.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I would agree, this simply shows how clueless most pilots who dont commute or use the jumpseat really are about the rules.

It boils down to the simple fact that most guys come to work and go home, so few of us really read these webboards and other info that would help make informed decisions related to work, like the ALPA jumpseat guide.

Medeco

While it is true ASA is now H-2, I am not aware of CASS for ASA. ASA jumpseaters are still allowed up front on DAL. There have been instances where the gate person has denied an ASA jumpseater a ride up front and I have heard various excuses. Non-CASS for example. If you cannot get to the Capt, call a Dispatcher.

SierraPapa356 said:
If you cannot get to the Capt, call a Dispatcher.

A Delta dispatcher? Or an ASA dispatcher. Either way, I'm not sure an ASA pilot would get any results, beside making people angry at him.

Most of the ASA dispatchers know the rules well and have contacts at Delta OCC. If I were an ASA pilot I would call one of my own dispatchers. Besides the required FAM ride each year the dispatchers have an intrest in the jumpseat to. The only guy that would be mad is the gate agent and he has a ride home sitting in the parking lot.

Jumpseating

Sierra Papa 356,

You're right on the money. I've never had a problem jumpseating (6yrs commuting). I've always been professional and courtious. I've always gotten a ride when the JS was available. If you are ever denied, and you've been totally professional, document it and pass it to your JS coordinator and Chief Pilot.

ps. Had a Delta mainline guy give me the JS (he had booked) and NonRev'd in the back. He was so senior that only a Rev passenger could bump him.

There is a similar thread on the ALPA ASA MEC board. I think it says that the gate is supposed to use your PPR number. If they have any questions about the procedure they need to call Delta OCC.

Latest resources

Back