Delta Looking Strong Over The Long Haul

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gen,

I don't care how many bold fonts you use, it was a horrible loss. Sorry.

Scope,

Why don't you just try to scope those 800 RJ's that you have? Oh the irony!!

RF

IT WAS A HORRIBLE LOSS? It was an UNDERSTANDABLE LOSS. If one of your major strengths (a NRT hub) has a bad earthquake and Tsunami, then it is understandable. That and high oil made the quarter a loss. But, as the DL President stated at the conference, Japan loads are getting stronger, Asia and Latin America are doing great, and the current quarter will generate $700 MILLION in free cash flow. That's probably a lot better than you will do. Yes, Q1 wasn't great, but it wasnt horrible.

And you're still off on the number of RJs, but I think you know that. Enjoy that SLI of yours, I bet being in the bottom 20% won't be that bad, unless you do get the right seat of the 717 on a displacement. Oh, the irony! Hopefully Southwest wouldn't expect you to go out and pay for your own 717 type first if that were to happen? You are used to paying for your training, so maybe that wouldn't shock you. That would be interesting to hear about. Keep us updated on that. At least Lear 70 could hold on to his 737 FO seat. Good for him, and Ty for continuing to hold left seat. Ah SLIs, what fun.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
The Genital will justify any loss. I'm not sure why he spins so hard for Delta. It's a money gushing crap operation. It has been for a decade. He's obviously trying to save face by pumping up Delta when as much as he says otherwise, he knows he made a horrible career decision. These idiots will always throw out the pay for training thing, but you SWA guys make that up in 2 months vs. a Delta guy. GL will never admit it, but if he had to do it all over again, he'd go to SWA (if he could even get hired). But then again, how many people at legacies would like to trade their date of hire with said legacy for that same date at SWA.

Got the call. Still haven't got a class date....which is probably good. I'm having trouble getting my paperwork though to retire. I don't want to set an actual date until I have a class. And I can't get a class until I retire. Kind of a catch 22. Still have to get a type as well. So, long story longer....I'm trying to slow roll them. I told them I was available (which wasn't 100% true). I'm hoping it doesn't mess things up.

A loss of almost equal value to American is not horrible? Ahh, okay General...

Nice legacy mindset, pretty much says it all.

Latest resources

Back