• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta LOA 51

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's been hard times at DAL lately, so I really needed a good laugh to take the edge off. Who is this Pipejockey guy? He kills me - what a riot!! Glad he's got it all figured out for us. While he's checking out old contracts, hope he can dig up old Pan Am, TWA, Eastern, Braniff, et. al payrates of old compared to today's rates.

Pipesmoker, our contract sucks. I voted against it b/c it means even more of our flying goes to the "toy jet" as you called it and even more years for upgrade. But, we lost, we'll deal with it. Also as an industry means even longer for you in the ditch or the CL-65.

You are correct in the erosion of this profession, but I must have missed your solution. By the way, I am quite sure SWA pilots could give a sh*t about your analysis of their 1994 wages. With a bit of research you could estimate their increase in net worth solely due to profit sharing and stock options since this time. Most sane people elsewhere would gladly turn back the clock and take the SWA rate of return compared to their own during this time.

Appreciate the levity P-Jockey.

Ben

Last edited:
Bringupthebird said:
Your airline doesn't need to go into bankruptcy again, it can stay there indefinitely and continue to dream up one crisis after another that will require more pilot's money. And should they ever decide to leave the cozy confines of BK, they can hammer you at the negotiating table when they look at every other pilot group caving in because of what the cowards of DAL have wrought. Market rates? Industry standard? Your best years are behind you.

Leverage? The DAL pilots had tremendous leverage with an airline industry on the verge of a huge upward turnaround, DAL would never stand for a strike. Your negotiated solution would have been a fraction of what you ended up accepting and you would have affirmed the strength of ALPA to boot. All would add to the rising tide lifting all boats. But it would have taken some real courage to take that risk.

It takes more courage to protect a profession than it does to protect a ski boat.

I still can't believe that 60% of the DAL pilots agreed with management that they were overpaid and underworked.

Uh, Birdman - been out of the country since the USAIR, UAL, NWA bankruptcy concessions - or the AA pre-BK deal? Yeah our deal sucks, but Delta is hardly the trend setter. I thought we had some good mo' going against it, but a 12-1 MEC vote swayed a lot of dudes.

Sounds like you're a great guy though, looking out for all us junior guys with the age 60 thing - TIC

Ben

Personally it doesn't look that bad to me. No further paycuts. Look at airlinepilotcentral.com and you will see DL's pay is competetive with the other legacies, and is in fact considerably higher in the first few years' longevity.

Benjamin Dover said:
Who is this Pipejockey guy?

Thats funny, I was thinking the very same about you! What with your 19 posts and all:laugh:.

Benjamin Dover said:
Pipesmoker, our contract sucks.

You said it! And were you trying to insult me with your name calling? I actually enjoy a nice smoke from my pipe, or a good cigar. It keeps the mosquitos away while I am fishing.

Benjamin Dover said:
By the way, I am quite sure SWA pilots could give a sh*t about your analysis of their 1994 wages.

What are you talking about? That "analysis" you call it, which gives me far too much credit, but thanks anyway, was only meant to point out that not only DAL, but CAL, NWA, UAL, and US pilots are all earning less today than SWA pilots did in 1994 when they were still the booby prize for pilots looking to get on with a major.

Benjamin Dover said:
Appreciate the levity P-Jockey.

Ben

Sure glad I could help. I know you must need some levity when comparing the 2001 contract to this current POS.

What I DON'T appreciate is professional aviators selling my profession short and leaving it in a shambles for me for the next 30 years. Thanks all!:rolleyes:

Hey Pipe,

I can't wait for you alone to turn this whole industry around. That will be great.... Get crackin..... You can do it.... echo echo...... hello? hello?

Bye Bye--General Lee

PCL_128 said:
Yep. Pretty much.

So, we shouldn't be in BK at all? I know that there are plenty of one time charges out there, but you are saying we shouldn't even be in BK? Really? Why didn't you show your proof to ALPA? Did you know 9-11 was going to happen before it did? Why didn't you alert someone?

Bye Bye---General Lee

General Lee said:
Hey Pipe,

I can't wait for you alone to turn this whole industry around. That will be great.... Get crackin..... You can do it.... echo echo...... hello? hello?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yeah it's ashame isn't it? There won't be any industry left for me after you all are done with it. Management will be having us coming to work with a beannie on and being paid in candy bars for compensation:mad:

pipejockey said:
Yeah it's ashame isn't it? There won't be any industry left for me after you all are done with it. Management will be having us coming to work with a beannie on and being paid in candy bars for compensation:mad:

Yeah, but I will be getting a $100,000 dollar bar, while you get a snickers. But keep working on it, maybe you will make a difference.

Bye Bye--General Lee

GogglesPisano said:
Personally it doesn't look that bad to me. No further paycuts. Look at airlinepilotcentral.com and you will see DL's pay is competetive with the other legacies, and is in fact considerably higher in the first few years' longevity.
Hmmm... why don't you take a look at the existing seniority list and tell me how many pilots still on property are in "the first few years' longevity".

Easy for the company to give up what they don't have to pay.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back