Delta jet slips off runway taxiing in Wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HighSpeedClimb

MILWAUKEE, Dec 16 (Reuters) - A Delta Air Lines jet slipped off the runway while taxiing after landing in Madison, Wisconsin, on Monday afternoon in snowy conditions, authorities said. No injuries were reported.

The flight "exited the pavement and came in contact with snow adjacent to the runway during taxi away from the runway," Delta said in a statement.

Delta said passengers from flight 385, a Boeing Co 737-800, were being bused to the terminal and no injuries were reported.

The airplane had just landed at Dane County Regional Airport after a flight from Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport when the incident happened at about 4 p.m. (2200 GMT), authorities said.

The airplane's nose came to rest off the runway, but the rest of the airplane stayed on the runway, Madison Fire Department spokeswoman Lori Wirth said.

Fire emergency crews initially responded to the incident, but all have returned to their bases except for a single ambulance.

Glad everyone is okay.

MILWAUKEE, Dec 16 (Reuters) - A Delta Air Lines jet slipped off the runway while taxiing after landing in Madison, Wisconsin, on Monday afternoon in snowy conditions, authorities said. No injuries were reported.

The flight "exited the pavement and came in contact with snow adjacent to the runway during taxi away from the runway," Delta said in a statement.

Delta said passengers from flight 385, a Boeing Co 737-800, were being bused to the terminal and no injuries were reported.

The airplane had just landed at Dane County Regional Airport after a flight from Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport when the incident happened at about 4 p.m. (2200 GMT), authorities said.

The airplane's nose came to rest off the runway, but the rest of the airplane stayed on the runway, Madison Fire Department spokeswoman Lori Wirth said.

Fire emergency crews initially responded to the incident, but all have returned to their bases except for a single ambulance.

Glad everyone is okay.

Good lord I hate winter. Glad everyone is OK.

That's normal ops in FLL, MCO, and TPA......thanks for letting us use your airports there SWA.

Southwest is obnoxious at times, the other night while taking the runway at TPA my new FO put the landing lights on too early by mistake with SW on other side. I apoligized but they still felt the need to flash all there lights right before i took off nearly blinding me.

Latest resources

Back