• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta is getting ready to hire!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The bid will be out in a few days. It will close after single operating certificate is effective (the jan 1). Results would be out shortly afterward.

If they say to call, then call. It is a lead. Back in 98 when I got the lead I called. I was told too light on PIC but call in 6 months. I put the date in my phone and 6 months to the day called. I was then told ,"You are OK on PIC but we are only hiring 10 a month. At 4000tt, you are not competitive. Call in 6 months". Six months later I called and was told, "We are now hiring 100 a month for the forseeable future. So, if you don't get a letter within a month, call me back". The letter came two days later.

Now at 11 years here, my advice is USE ALL LEADS and take advantage of whatever you can. Very few of us are god's gift to aviation and need to create our own opportunities.

Bid will be out on friday.... all the as advertised stuff, plus more ATL767 domestic displacements. I hear there may be other surprises as well.

Delta's CFO: Revenue Will Take Off in 2010By Ted Reed 12/09/09 - 09:56 AM EST Loading Comments... Add Comment
Stock quotes in this article: DAL
ATLANTA (TheStreet) -- As the airline industry recovers from recession, Delta(DAL Quote) is seeing "revenue strength above our expectations" during the current quarter, said CFO Hank Halter. Halter spoke Wednesday at an investor conference. He said the carrier is seeing continuing gradual improvements in revenue per available seat mile, a key financial measure for airlines. RASM was down 23% in June and down 11% in October, with single digit deterioration in November. Halter said the number will likely turn positive next year, "likely in the front half of 2010." Meanwhile, he said, the carrier has benefitted from synergies enabled by its 2008 merger with Northwest, which Halter called "the smoothest merger in airline history." It was apparently the first time a Delta executive publicly issued such a strong endorsement of the merger process.
Halter noted that Delta's maintenance business produces about $500 million annually in revenue, performing maintenance for other operators, making it the largest airline-operated third-party maintenance operation in the United States.
-- Written by Ted Reed in Charlotte, N.C. .

DAL has done classes of 25-50. With the flow agreements, bigger classes will allow for more guys from the outside.

AE today. 900~ displacements and ~1000 new positions.

Dunno. During the last BIG hiring boom in the late 90s-early 2000s, classes had 25-30 with 2 or 3 going at a time. When things were slow, classes had as few as 10. I think in 2007/8, classes had 25 with one going a month.

If the bid that comes out today (?) has net vacancies, MAYBE there will be hiring this Spring. If it has a net surplus, then I wouldn't expect hiring.

DAL has done classes of 25-50. With the flow agreements, bigger classes will allow for more guys from the outside.

AE today. 900~ displacements and ~1000 new positions.

Does the difference between those numbers imply that they could use 100 extra pilots for the summer schedule?

Latest resources

Back