• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta is getting ready to hire!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As far as recall the original DAL furloughees got ten year recall rights. The first furloughees were sent packing on Nov 1 2001 (trust me I know). They would be inelegible on Oct 31 2011. When the mega mistake (I mean merger) happened it gave the recallees rights that the NWA guys had which was 15 years so they have until 2016 as far as recall. They are recalled to whatever position DAL needs them in at the time they recall but they can put in requests.

<<<'How will their seniority work? Will they retain seniority or will they have to come in at the end of the list?'>>>

Pay and longevity frozen at time of bypass, seniority number stays the same for returning.

The others are sort of correct. 10 year recall rights in which you have the choice to come back or not, so long as their is hiring going on and their is a position to come back to.

Because of the merger, 5 more years were tacked on. However, when you are in the '5 year range' and the recall comes, you have to accept or resign seniority at that time.

The people that chose to bypass (me for instance) have to figure out when the time comes whether to come back or not, starting to play with fire a little bit as the 10 years runs out.

Well, with a bid showing 1100 vacancies and 1000 surplusses, it leaves a net of 100 shortages. Now we are fat right now but who knows how the NEXT bid in the summer will be. I'd bet if they envision it with much of a deficit in slots, hiring may occur in the late Spring early summer. It's all based upon the staffing needs coming out of the summer.

ya'll are kidding yourselves. There will be no hiring for a couple of years. This bid was postive by about 100 pilots, but the next one will likely be more backward movement. Hiring is nice to think about, but still a ways off.

Xray do you even work for Delta? This bid was a net positive of seats but by no means was it a positive bid. It was a displacement bid almost all the way around. 24 new captains but nearly 800 displacements off of wide body's to narrow bodies.

As far as hiring we will have to wait and see, no one knows especially not anyone on this forum. (although ACL is about as close as one gets to being in the know!)

Heyas,

Like ACL said, we have lots of peeps still out on by-pass. They'd have to run through all those folks first AND summer is just a couple of months. My guess is they'll just GS their way through a couple of months to get the slack winter schedule.

Sorry for the reality check.

Nu

Latest resources

Back